Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adjust Handbake On 52 Plate Mondeo

1jacko

i have a 52 plate mondeo and the handbrake has about 10 clicks before it works it has had new discs and pads on the rear can i adjust it or are they self adjusting i had a older one in this shape and that was self adjusting but been told they change them as they were pants any feed back wud be grateful thanx

I've got two mondies, one with self adjusting (y reg) and the other has an adjuster (52 plate). THE ADJUSTER IS WHERE THE TWO REAR CABLES CONNECT TO THE ONE FRONT SINGLE CABLE. You have to drop the exhaust of it's rubbers so it hangs down then unscrew the heat shield above the center box and the adjuster is there (what I would do is to unscrew the heat shield by the center box first before dropping the exhaust, get a tourch and see if you can see the adjuster,if you carnt see the adjuster then dont bother going any further) as said if you carnt see the adjuster then it will be the self adjuster type, then you will require two new handbrake cables, this will solve your problem.

• Like 1

i have had a look today and it has an adjuster but it looks like it is adjusted to its limit wud i need new cables

I've got two mondies, one with self adjusting (y reg) and the other has an adjuster (52 plate). THE ADJUSTER IS WHERE THE TWO REAR CABLES CONNECT TO THE ONE FRONT SINGLE CABLE. You have to drop the exhaust of it's rubbers so it hangs down then unscrew the heat shield above the center box and the adjuster is there (what I would do is to unscrew the heat shield by the center box first before dropping the exhaust, get a tourch and see if you can see the adjuster,if you carnt see the adjuster then dont bother going any further) as said if you carnt see the adjuster then it will be the self adjuster type, then you will require two new handbrake cables, this will solve your problem.

i had a look today and it has a 16milly nut on it to adjust but it looks as if it is adjusted to its limit wil i need a new cable

i have had a look today and it has an adjuster but it looks like it is adjusted to its limit wud i need new cables

Try see'ing if you can get any more adjustment out of the adjuster as it has a long thread on it, if not then yes I would recommend new cables, they are easy to do just fiddly where they bend round the rear suspension arms, back the adjust right off aswell before fitting the new cables then adjust back up afterwards.

Try see'ing if you can get any more adjustment out of the adjuster as it has a long thread on it, if not then yes I would recommend new cables, they are easy to do just fiddly where they bend round the rear suspension arms, back the adjust right off aswell before fitting the new cables then adjust back up afterwards.

nice one thanks for that

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club