Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The New 2012 Facelifted Fiesta

poshpawsfiesta

I just read an article in autoexpress about a new fiesta facelift being due september time of next year, and i was just thinkin about the things i would like to see change and to not, heres mine;

To change:

1- A six speed box

2- Rear disk brakes

3- A better range of petrol engines i.e 1.0 turbo ecoboost engines 100 bhp but 50 mpg in real life and 35 pound anual road tax

4- Drop the 1.4 tdci and just have the 1.6 tdci 95 in the lower specs i.e edge and zetec and the 1.6 115 BHP in the top specs diesel forms i.e titanium zetecS

5- A bit more sound insulation still thin theres a tad to much road noise

I think other than them 5 points i think the fiesta is perfect in everyway for a supermini :)

And please ford do not mess with the styling atall !!

Please list yours, you never know they might be reading haha :)

As I understand it the whole petrol range will be replaced with ecoboost engines for the 2012 facelift, they will offer more power, for less weight, better efficiency and less emissions.

1.0 3 cylinder ecoboost - 90ps

1.6 4 cylinder ecoboost - 120ps - 180ps

6 Speed gearbox for 1.6 petrol + diesel (I'm not sure the 1.0 will need it) 6 speed powershift would be nice for automatics/ST option

The ST will have rear disc brakes, but it's unlikely engines <120ps will have them, to help keep prices down.

I'd keep the 1.4 tdci for the Fiesta Van, but would drop it out of the car range. I wouldn't introduce a detuned 1.6 TDCI, it's already free road tax and cheap insurance as it stands today.

I'd never argue with extra sound insulation, especially for diesel.

I think the Zetec S/Titanium X should be upped to 134ps (same as the fiesta metal) to fill the gap better between the ST.

For the TDCI the Zetec S/Titanium X should have access to the Focus' 110ps 1.6 TDCI - I think the only difference is the variable geometry turbo and larger injectors.

LED/HID option, nicer materials on interior, one touch windows all round, global closure, sun roof option, full belly pan for econetic models, better armrests, reposition tweeters, the diffuser on the Zetec S could be sportier, 5 door side skirts (for Titanium X/Dress up), plastic fog lamp lens', the list goes on...

Extra sound insulation can be done now, you can buy kits online to put behind the door cards and under the back seats/boot etc

Haven't I read a thread like this before? :unsure: Anyway, my personal five wants would be...

1) Powershift automatic transmission (and a 6th gear for the manual drivers I suppose ;) )

2) Better materials on the lower half of the dash, or at least a different grain on the plastics (including a new focus style steering wheel)

3) The 'My Ford Touch' system as an intergratable optional extra, or maybe even standard on Titaniums(?) - or if this is too good for the fiesta at least the Microsoft Sync system

4) Intergrated day time running lights

5) A better centre console between the two front seats - A built in arm rest and storage compartment would be nice, with the power outlet aux and usb ports on the inside, and maybe even have a coin dispenser/holder inside it too which would come in handy at toll booths and drive-thru's.

....although then again I'd be a little pee'd off if the new fiesta had all this stuff and mine didn't lol - (i won't be changing cars for a good few years yet, unless I win the lottery).

Paul :D

Is it bad that the main one I want is deeper cup holders =/!? The current ones don't really hold drinks from like Starbucks etc very well! Don't think they're big enough to fit a mcflurry in either lol :(

Is it bad that the main one I want is deeper cup holders =/!? The current ones don't really hold drinks from like Starbucks etc very well! Don't think they're big enough to fit a mcflurry in either lol :(

Ooo getting to the serious improvements now. lol. Having said that I was giving a travel/car thermos flask at christmas and the sticker on it said fits most car cupholders, but the fiesta's is so small for it to fit securely.

Ooo getting to the serious improvements now. lol. Having said that I was giving a travel/car thermos flask at christmas and the sticker on it said fits most car cupholders, but the fiesta's is so small for it to fit securely.

See! Bet your glad I brought it up now

I HOPE YOUR READING THIS FORD!! :P

See! Bet your glad I brought it up now

I HOPE YOUR READING THIS FORD!! :P

Lol, I can see the annoucments now. The 2012 fiesta.... featuring new colour choices and bigger cup holders (only) !!!

Lol, I can see the annoucments now. The 2012 fiesta.... featuring new colour choices and bigger cup holders (only) !!!

Of 2 people we've surveyed (You and me).. we'd both appreciate them ;)

I think that makes it a worthwhile investment for Ford.

Of 2 people we've surveyed (You and me).. we'd both appreciate them ;)

I think that makes it a worthwhile investment for Ford.

It was only yesterday i was thinking that the one at the back of the center console is okay, sort of. Although my daily bottle of Ribena tends to flail around a bit too much :( and as for the middle two theyre pointless! I used them to store my phone more than i did anything else.

the middle two theyre pointless! I used them to store my phone more than i did anything else.

Same! Or my wallet... My phone tends to go in the little cubby down by the USB/Aux jack (As I have my music on bluetooth)

The back one could be far deeper to be honest!

My turn.My phone goes in the front part below the heater control's which gets the nice red glow on it..My wallet goes in the back part above the ashtray full of coins that now fills that hole.My middle cup holders get used for my flask for work or a McDonald coffee which fits nice. :D

Front cup holder has the ford ash tray, used to hold change. Second cup holder has a cup holder shaped 12v multi socket with twin usb (to charge sat nav, speed camera detector and phone at same time) Most of back cup holder now taken up with armster armrest, leaving just enough room for my phone.

Electric window switches that I can reach without making an ostrich shape with my arm :lol:

• Like 1

Electric window switches that I can reach without making an ostrich shape with my arm :lol:

Haha aye forgot that one!!

Option for all 4 windows to be electric (and not only on the Titanium X) on all models

Better wiper design that covers more of the glass on the windscreen

Front Seat back to fold flat to allow for larger loads (Handy on those trips to Ikea)

Better Rear Seat fold to provide more boot space

Would love to see a xenon option available for around the £600 mark and definately some sort of colour screen infotainment/navigation system as an otpion.

i know that feeling i have to do the electric windows with my left arm because i cant reach for back enough and i deinately agree with the more power for the tdci zetec s 95hp is only just enough + more bhp better economy 2 birds 1 stone