Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Name: jean
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s
  • Year: 2009

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hi,

I've decided to let the dealer have a look at my bluetooth and Ipod jack connection as they are really annoying me now.

My car is just under 3 years - it expires Jan 15th I think and wondered if the above is covered still? I have read another thread where an update is available but I don't have the USB connection to try and see if it helps.

Basically the Bluetooth interupts the Ipod connection, it comes on when it shouldn't and if I try and disconnect the bluetooth, it stays on. The button to turn it off on the display stays ticked. Twice today my ipod was knocked off by the bluetooth and wouldn't come back on for at least half hour. I managed to get afew minutes play before it went off again. No amount of fiddling with the cable, switching the ipod on/off would help.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 grin factor

grin factor

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.25 Zetec

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

I would have thought it would come under warranty. Give it a go, nothing to lose

#3 fletchie

fletchie

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:32 PM

I would have thought it would come under warranty. Give it a go, nothing to lose

Thanks, Its booked in for Friday morning but in all honesty, I don't hold out much hope. They haven't exactly been helpful to me in the past but you never know..! I'll ask for an update and see how it goes. From what I can read going through the threads, is that the bluetooth is a common problem. I'll report back on Friday afternoon...

#4 dLockers

dLockers

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Ford
  • Year: 2006

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

Have you updated the software? There is a thread on here where you can do it yourself.

#5 fletchie

fletchie

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

Have you updated the software? There is a thread on here where you can do it yourself.

It shows that you need the USB connection to update it yourself. My car has bluetooth but does not have the USB port next to the jack connector by the gear stick. I haven't found how to do it if you haven't a USB port hence I'll ask Ford on Friday. I'm hoping it might help to sort the problem out.

#6 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Name: Adam
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.4 (3 Door)
  • Year: 2011

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:48 PM

In the past a few years ago Ford kept saying things like 'Oh no this bit is only covered for 1 year.... This part for 2.. but this other one is for 1 year'

My understanding is.. 3 year warranty. They never said otherwise. If time limits are imposed for certain things I should be made aware?

#7 fletchie

fletchie

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

In the past a few years ago Ford kept saying things like 'Oh no this bit is only covered for 1 year.... This part for 2.. but this other one is for 1 year'

My understanding is.. 3 year warranty. They never said otherwise. If time limits are imposed for certain things I should be made aware?

Thanks...and that will be the stance I'll be taking with them too!

#8 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

Thanks...and that will be the stance I'll be taking with them too!

Don't blame you.

If a part is only covered for 1 year out of a 3 year warranty you should be made aware of what IS covered by the 3 year warranty then as a warranty can be a very sweeping statement if it does not have any 'exclusions' (obviously excluding general wear and tear items)

Let us know how it goes though :)

Don't get conned into the whole 'We have to look into it first, if it's covered you'll get your money back'. Ford did that to me a few years ago with a stupid amount of rattles in the car.. They wanted to charge 100 an hour to investigate a problem that was clearly there. They then came back and said 'Interior trim is only covered for the first 12 months' hence my statement of 'You should be made aware of what IS covered'

#9 dLockers

dLockers

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

Don't blame you.

If a part is only covered for 1 year out of a 3 year warranty you should be made aware of what IS covered by the 3 year warranty then as a warranty can be a very sweeping statement if it does not have any 'exclusions' (obviously excluding general wear and tear items)

Let us know how it goes though :)

Don't get conned into the whole 'We have to look into it first, if it's covered you'll get your money back'. Ford did that to me a few years ago with a stupid amount of rattles in the car.. They wanted to charge £100 an hour to investigate a problem that was clearly there. They then came back and said 'Interior trim is only covered for the first 12 months' hence my statement of 'You should be made aware of what IS covered'

Welcome to the real world where there is a little warranty manual supplied with each car.

Major components are 3 years, ICE/Paintwork etc are all different.

For e.g. paint is covered for 10, 15, or 20 years (I forget).

#10 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:29 PM

Welcome to the real world where there is a little warranty manual supplied with each car.

My last car was brand new... never had one

This car is a few months old... never had one

My dads car was brand new... never had one

Thanks though? :blink:

#11 fletchie

fletchie

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

The trouble is I can't see anywhere in my manual (and i've looked) where it says explicity how long the ICE components are covered for.

I'm prepared for tomorrow - the guy who booked it in said the usual 'won't know if it's covered under warranty until they know what's wrong with it' which translates into ''s, kerching"

#12 dLockers

dLockers

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

My last car was brand new... never had one

This car is a few months old... never had one

My dads car was brand new... never had one

Thanks though? :blink:

Don't be so mind bogglingly naive and ignorant. It's in your service manual. The same thing I guess someone of your caliber would have overlooked additionally, 'causes cars dun need no service at no specific interval'

Posted Image

#13 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

The same thing I guess someone of your caliber would have overlooked additionally, 'causes cars dun need no service at no specific interval'

I'm not a redneck from the deep south... I am aware cars require servicing, never missed one in my life so stop being such an !Removed!. Also try reading through that section yourself and seeing where it mentions anything about ICE etc. It doesn't state any timescales about interior of the vehicle or in car entertainment.

#14 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 13,997 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, Sorry couldn't resist LOL

#15 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, Sorry couldn't resist LOL

Hush up you :P

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users