Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Name: Adam
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.4 (3 Door)
  • Year: 2011

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

Sorry again, been one of those days.

Me and the dog are bored but he can't type.:huh:

Aye tell me about it :( I enjoy time off but there's nothing to do really! If you go out you end up spending a fortune! If you stay in your bored =/ can't win!

#18 fletchie

fletchie

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Name: jean
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s
  • Year: 2009

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

I'm not a redneck from the deep south... I am aware cars require servicing, never missed one in my life so stop being such an !Removed!. Also try reading through that section yourself and seeing where it mentions anything about ICE etc. It doesn't state any timescales about interior of the vehicle or in car entertainment.

You're completely right - it doesn't mention anywhere about ICE or much else for that matter.

Anyway, car was duly taken in, problem explained and here's the surprise, no arguments from Ford. I was asked to sign abit of paper for the warranty and off it went at 10am.

The technician who came out to me said it was a common problem on the Fiesta and they alot of problems with them. Picked it back up at 3pm, first M.O.T also done at the same time and they've done a reset of the ICE. (battery has been disconnected as the clock was back to Dec 2008!)

I can't believe it was as easy as that. They said to test it out and if no joy, then to bring it back. For once, well done Bristol St Motors in Kings Norton. Top marks from me today. :D

#19 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

You're completely right - it doesn't mention anywhere about ICE or much else for that matter.

Anyway, car was duly taken in, problem explained and here's the surprise, no arguments from Ford. I was asked to sign abit of paper for the warranty and off it went at 10am.

The technician who came out to me said it was a common problem on the Fiesta and they alot of problems with them. Picked it back up at 3pm, first M.O.T also done at the same time and they've done a reset of the ICE. (battery has been disconnected as the clock was back to Dec 2008!)

I can't believe it was as easy as that. They said to test it out and if no joy, then to bring it back. For once, well done Bristol St Motors in Kings Norton. Top marks from me today. :D

Christ, maybe they'd just rather get it done than have someone in their ear

I love when garages say 'Oh yeh we get loads of problems'... Fills you with confidence!

Glad to hear it seems to be sorted though!!! :)

#20 fletchie

fletchie

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

Christ, maybe they'd just rather get it done than have someone in their ear

I love when garages say 'Oh yeh we get loads of problems'... Fills you with confidence!

Glad to hear it seems to be sorted though!!! :)

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!!

#21 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!!

Haha :D Kick some !Removed! if they mess ya about :P

#22 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,832 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

Aye tell me about it :( I enjoy time off but there's nothing to do really! If you go out you end up spending a fortune! If you stay in your bored =/ can't win!

The problem with my dog, being a Belgian Shepherd general duty one, is she hates being idle and starts to pick on my search dog and he won't back down.
So the back of my vehicle is rocking around like there's an orgy in there and some very curious noises too.

It keeps scaring old ladies and children.

Think they need a good run on the moors, pity it's chucking it down.

I'd be happy in the front with my tea and laptop if it wasn't for them.

Glad the problem was solved without any swearing.

Makes a change, whenever i go to my local dealer, they look at me like i have two heads.

Maybe i should throw my dogs through the door and retire to a safe distance to enjoy the show.

#23 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,682 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

Maybe i should throw my dogs through the door and retire to a safe distance to enjoy the show.

I'd pay to see that!

#24 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,832 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

You'll see me at some time on one of these reality police shows.
Will be easy to recognise as i'll be the one behind my car giggling like a idiot.

Now that will be TV worth watching :blink:

#25 fletchie

fletchie

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

Well, I obviously spoke to soon...the wretched problem isn't sorted out at all.

I took the car for a spin yesterday, connected the ipod back up which came on and then within minutes - it was knocked off. It seems to be something to do with the bluetooth. I can't switch the bluetooth off either, it stays ticked and no amount of trying to untick makes it switch off. My phone wasn't in the car either, I left it at home so I know it wasn't that interfering. I also don't have my phone's bluetooth switched on when i'm in the car as it drains the battery. I only put it on when out for a long drive which isn't often. I've de-bonding the phone to see if it helps, but it has made no difference when I went out in the car today.

The aux button fails to work as well and it will switch to the radio. The 'Aux-in line' display disapears as well. It's completely baffling me why it does this.

But - half an hour later and it works a treat after I keep switching the stereo on/off. It only seems to happen when I start the car up...

Does anybody have any ideas? I don't have the USB so cannot do the update which is available from Ford.

Needless to say, I'll be back on the phone tomorrow to get it seen to.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users