Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cooling System

Noodles1989

i have a couple of proble,s with my car. (its a focus 1.8 petrol)

ive had a problem with the idleing of the car. ive changed the idle speed control valve the air flow meter and that seems to have sorted the problem. still revs up occasionally but not a problem.

also it sometimes a bit of a struggle to start. ive learnt how to start it now. but would like to now if anyone has an idea what that could be would be aprreciated.

i also have a problem the cooling system. the other night i came home and left the car ticking over for about 5mins. then went to car and it was blowing out steam. also something that could b linked to the problem is that my temp. gauge rises up and dwn from normal running temp. to cold.

any help is much appreciated.

cheers

Sounds to me like you need a new thermostat / housing... or at the very least a new sensor for the thermo!

Can you provide more details about the car, including mileage / service history etc?

Dnt no if it matters. But the fan runs all the time. Ive also heard sumthin bwt a throttle sensor or sumthin.

The details of the car are 1.8 engine, 51 plate and done over a 100,000 miles.

How would u bo which 1 2 change?

Cheers 4 your help

Dnt no if it matters. But the fan runs all the time. Ive also heard sumthin bwt a throttle sensor or sumthin.

The details of the car are 1.8 engine, 51 plate and done over a 100,000 miles.

How would u bo which 1 2 change?

Cheers 4 your help

Two different things, the mileage on your car it seems quite feasable that the thermo needs redoing, the fact that your fan remains on indicates that the thermo is either left stuck in a position, or the sensor is sending continuous misreadings.

As for the throttle sensor, to my understanding thats not directly related to the cooling, if you have any sort of kangaroo hop whilst your driving, or loss of power that might be due to the TPS, but I wouldnt have thought the cooling is related directly to this.

Dont know if the 1.8 is like the 1.6 but the 1.6 only has one temp sensor, this does the gauge, ecu and the fan.. (cylinder head temp sensor)

as i say though i dont know if they are the same/similar

Dont know if the 1.8 is like the 1.6 but the 1.6 only has one temp sensor, this does the gauge, ecu and the fan.. (cylinder head temp sensor)

as i say though i dont know if they are the same/similar

I suppose the resolution would still be the same though, if its not thermo - replace the sensor?

• Like 1

I would start by inspecting/changing the thermostat and flushing the cooling system.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club