Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tdci Exhaust

kingliam

hi does any one know if i put a stright exhaust on a tdci will sound nice

hi does any one know if i put a stright exhaust on a tdci will sound nice

dont know what it will sound like on your 1.8tdci but when my exhaust snapped on my 2.2tdci which only has a rear silencer it sounded pretty cool, but it didnt make any more exhaust noise really just some noise from the turbo. snapped just as it went into the rear box, so was pretty much a straight through system then

Im interested to see Peoples response on this thread,

but their are also some videos of this on youtube mate, to give you an idea of sound :)

When you say straight through are you ditching the CAT??

If your coming straight from the turbo to the back of the car with one pipe then youll get a bit of a burble, but more noticable is the cool turbo spool noise ;)

Don't expect similar noise to petrol, its a different beast!

My mate has a 200bhp Peugeot 306 D Turbo, with straight thru exhaust, and that sounds awesome!

I also know a guy with a 1.6TDCi fiesta. He has a straigt trough powerflow system, and that sounds pretty cool! burbles along, then a whoosh of turbo ;)

this should give you a good idea... i have heard better though

The turbo spooling noise is pretty awesome, especially if its loud IMO :lol:

• Like 1

just that little flutter as you lift off the loud pedal ;) lol

just that little flutter as you lift off the loud pedal ;) lol

i couldn't help myself when my exhaust snapped, i was annoyed that i had only had it a week but at the same time the noise was keeping me amused. trying to drive home late at night when the streets are quiet and all you can hear is my turbo, sounds like there is a pigeon stuck in the exhaust somewhere :lol:

• Like 1

sounds like there is a pigeon stuck in the exhaust somewhere :lol:

:lol: Hoping to fit a duplex some time next year, ill be sounding like a pigeon too :D

i have put a pipe from the cat back and it sounds nice the turbo sounds great if i take the cat of will it sound better

i have put a pipe from the cat back and it sounds nice the turbo sounds great if i take the cat of will it sound better

i would imagine you might get a little more noise. im keeping my original exhaust but hoping to buy a decat pipe from racebits if the group buy goes well.. hopefully make it breath easier and more responsive :o not expecting miracles but certainly an improvement

• Like 1

cool were can i buy a decat pipe for it from mine is all lot better now sound grea wen i put myu foot down

The turbo will spool easier and quicker, the car will breath better. Also if you decide to get a remap, you will then get better gains over just a remap alone.

• Like 1

Many ways of remapping.. and various costs..

Generic remap, Man in a van, Will take your map form your car, email to someone sitting in a cosy office in some european country, download the edited file, and put it on your car. he will then take your money and drive away... Any problems you may have you will have to try get the bloke back.

Generic Remap, Bluefin, By superchips, so a good company, comes with a handheld unit, so you can swap between your original map file and the new map file as often as you like via the OBD port.

Generic remap, on a dyno, Some companies offer this, where they take your file, do the same as the man in a van, then do a power run on a dyno, and give the car back to you. This will at least prove that the BHP has been improved.

Custom remap, On a dyno, A tuner will take your car, and work on it for as long as he see's fit, and until he is happy with how the car runs, how it fuels, idles, drives etc etc... some custom maps can take a couple of days for the tuner to be happy, but you will see the best ains with one of these.

Do you have the 1.8 TDCi 115?? if so i know of a company in Leeds that has a very good and strong Remap for this engine. 146BHP and IIRC 240lb/ft. and it goes like stink!

Your looking at about £350-£450 for a custom map!

• Like 1

I had a bluefin done on mine as soon as i got it and it really improved the turbo lag in second that was very noticable.

Figures are pretty close to a custom remap but is totally reversible if you're worried about emissions for MOT's etc.

Also the bluefin unit is good for reading fault codes too (not that i have needed it so far)

A guy i know had the bluefin, and was very happy with it... until he went to a dyno day... he got 129bhp and 230 lbft. he was promised 139bhp i believe... however he was still more than happy with the improvement. and as is said you can remove it at any point

i use a gent called phill for all my mapping etc he costs £250 and he comes to you dependding on when abouts you are i would remove the cat too if your going to put a straight through system on and speak to pete at gsr racing as he builds som awsome induction kits had one built for a c2 gt and had it mapped at the same time and it made an extra 18bhp and 23flb torque this was on a n/a motor very impressed he charged £380 for the id kit inc fitting and a remap if you remove the cat take it to your local testing station as it not uncomman for a blown motor to lergitamatly pass an emitions test with out one

hi thanks for all the replies i will have to think about that lol as money is hard at the mo it sounds great now thinkin of puting a 3.5 or a 4in pipe on it but its a 18. 115bhp tdci think is will be silly to do all this to it what do you all think i want to keep the car as long as pos thanks liam

Too bigger diameter pipe will actually be detrimental to performance. 2.25/2.5 inch will be plenty sufficient.. and if you decatting and coming straight from the turbo, will sound pretty awesome too! lol

• Like 1

hi thanks will it sound better with a smaller pipe an a bigger pipe

no what tdicst is saying is that alot of the proformance is talored through the exhaust system ie if you use too big a bore pipe it will reduce back pressure witch could bring the power down as apose to up for example my last car i turbo converted from n/a i made an xtra 8hp by using a 2.5inch bore as apose to the 3.25inch bore i used when i first completed the car it comes down to flow rates and its not just about how fast you can get it out you need to be able to get it in too if you know what i mean

no what tdicst is saying is that alot of the proformance is talored through the exhaust system ie if you use too big a bore pipe it will reduce back pressure witch could bring the power down as apose to up for example my last car i turbo converted from n/a i made an xtra 8hp by using a 2.5inch bore as apose to the 3.25inch bore i used when i first completed the car it comes down to flow rates and its not just about how fast you can get it out you need to be able to get it in too if you know what i mean

Spot on mate! Thats exactly what i meant lol

hence why your car drives like crap if your exhaust falls off!

hi will it sound better with a smaller one because i got a 3.5in pipe on it from the middle of the car

the exhaust tone is more down to how its silenced but the system bore will change it alittle if you de-cat it it will proberbly be a slightly more agressive tone but the de-cat will do wonders for the driverbility of the car as the system will be less restrictive so it will breath better you could reclaim anything between 5-10 hp with the cat out