Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bubbling In Radiator Reservoir When Accelerating

MeanDarkus

Can anyone with a Fusion do this test for me?

When upto operating temp, leave the engine running and with the handbrake on press the accelarator, do you get bubbling in the radiator reservoir?

I've taken the cap off and only get a bit of hiss... so dont think there is too much pressure in the system, but if anyone could do the above and let me know?

03, 88k.

Thanks,

try a new preasure cap, if that dont solve the problem get a compression test done asap as it sounds like your head gasket is on it's way out.

Ok ive done a search on youtube and found some videos where you can actually hear the water bubbling in the reservior, that is not whats happening for me. When idling there is a flow of coolant coming back into the reservior. When pressing on the gas pedal this flow inreases and the "bubbling" is actually the fliw meeting the water in the tank and churning it up a little. Just wanted to know if any other fusion owners have this hsppening? I can get a video up yltorrow to show yall. Anyway to be safe, where can I get this compression test done, im in sutton coldfield, bham. Thx

Ok ive done a search on youtube and found some videos where you can actually hear the water bubbling in the reservior, that is not whats happening for me. When idling there is a flow of coolant coming back into the reservior. When pressing on the gas pedal this flow inreases and the "bubbling" is actually the fliw meeting the water in the tank and churning it up a little. Just wanted to know if any other fusion owners have this hsppening? I can get a video up yltorrow to show yall. Anyway to be safe, where can I get this compression test done, im in sutton coldfield, bham. Thx

Hi Mate,

any good Mechanic can perform this test for you,

it could also be the spring has failed on your Thermostat this would allow the coolant to flow more freely around the system all of the time

this unit is a cone shape inside the housing sitting close to the water pump, it has a spring on it and is designed to contract at around 82 degrees allowing the fluid to flow faster around the radiator and pipes, but if the thermostat spring has collapsed then the high flow will not be restricted.

if it is the thermostat they cost around £20-£35 to replace plus your coolant to refill the system im guessing £50 mate

Capture.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club