Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Second Reverse Light Ford Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5

Lenny

oh and just a quick one the glue i used sets hard almost instantly but recommended to wait an hour before heavy use, which saved me alot of time!!!

lightsbbb.jpg

Reversing light with Cree Q5

lightsaaa.jpg

Reversing light and Rear fog with Q5 (standard fog lens and white Q5, clear lens and red Q5 upgrade sometime soon)

i like the way no one noticed the fabric tape on my thumb 6th pic down hehe :ph34r:

i like the way no one noticed the fabric tape on my thumb 6th pic down hehe :ph34r:

spotted it mate, but i didnt think my comments on it would be welcome :lol:

what happened did you slip with the stanley blade?

i ended up in the docters when sealing around the led badge with a syringe full of silicone lmao the plunger broke so i began to use a screwdriver, but the plunger head split, and the screwdriver went out through the bottom of the syringe and in to my hand lol taking the silicone with it. 2 stitches later i was good as new lol

yea the good old stanley blade trick lol i was removing the old electrical tape from the reverse cables lol but found the fabric tape was alot more supple and agile alowing me to continue haha plus it was pretty stealth lol

ouch iv seen someone do a similar thing to you when i went fishing!!!

he decided to try and force a barbed needle through a hard bait as you can imagen he ended up sinking it into his index finger lol... he then goes hospital and the had to push it all the way through so they could cut off the barb, then pull it back the way it went in :unsure:

DSC_0328.jpg

couldnt get a good enough picture to show the beam of light behind the car.... but im sure you get the idea lol B)

DSC_0328.jpg

couldnt get a good enough picture to show the beam of light behind the car.... but im sure you get the idea lol B)

Nice picture mate,

a single cree Q5 reverse bulb throws out a 8-10 foot beam on its own so the two togeather would cover a 20ft radious on the rear of the car lol on each side. B) looks quality mate,

• 3 weeks later...

So that's how you hatchback chaps have two reverse and two foglights! Clever! B)

My conversion was similar, except i had to run fresh cable (both sides) to the bumper area, as the estate version has no lights in the rear bumper.

I bought a left hand drive main rear light, plus a left hand drive reverse light to carry out my conversion.

So my fogs are roughly half way up the car, housed in the lower sections of the main rear light clusters, the reverse lights, in the same position as you chaps...

DSC00154-5.jpg

DSC01247-1-1-1-1.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The first post of this guide has finally been updated with a downloadable PDF

sorry guys thought i had uploaded the PDF for this one already.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Newbie here with a related question re this subject. I live in Thailand and the right hand fog light comes on when ' normal' rear lights are on. believe it or not this is factory standard here. As we have no fog or bad weather here, i would like to simply replace the red lense with a clear one so both are the same and the car will look symetrical from the rear. I will wire the new one to then come on a a second reverse light and maybe need to change the bulb, Dunno???

Top website BTW!!!

Hi

Newbie here with a related question re this subject. I live in Thailand and the right hand fog light comes on when ' normal' rear lights are on. believe it or not this is factory standard here. As we have no fog or bad weather here, i would like to simply replace the red lense with a clear one so both are the same and the car will look symetrical from the rear. I will wire the new one to then come on a a second reverse light and maybe need to change the bulb, Dunno???

Top website BTW!!!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

you will require a uk Near side reverse light lens unit,

and if the unit that side illuminates along with your reverse light already, then you wont need to wire anything just replace the unit

Wish we had good enough weather to not need fogs!!!

Haha

I think he means that the fog comes on with the rear side lights / parking lights, not the reverse lights :S that's how I interpreted it but not sure mate

:)

Haha

I think he means that the fog comes on with the rear side lights / parking lights, not the reverse lights :S that's how I interpreted it but not sure mate

Thats right Haz

The standard set up is !Removed! stupid. BTW I am talking about right hand cars like back in Blighty.

The passanger side has clear reverse lense same as u lot, but on the drivers side it has an un-nessesary red fog light that is wired up to blind the drivers to the rear of you every night!!!!!

I think I will need a left hand drive reversing light unit as described in the guide? maybe eBay or Cambodia!!!! LOL!

Haha

ah yes lol

first post i read today and i was half asleep sorry,

yes he would need to run a link from the reverse side to the replacment fog,

but i would advise to put a 3 way switch on the line with both connection from the fog and the reverse to the one unit,

then if the car is ever being sold he could fit a red bulb and flick the switch to II instead of I

I = the reverse feed flowing to the bulb

O = Nothing flowing to the light unit

II = the fog light feed flowing to the bulb

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Great guide for this project!

Not being one to fail to have a fiddle and alter things I have a quick question...

On my car i have just had a look, behind the o/s fog lamp unit there is a plug with a about 6-8 wires going into it but just a dummy connector in it...

Is this for trailor electrics? and could i take my feed for my new reverse lamp from this?

The reason i ask is I will shortly be fitting a towbar and it would save faffing around splicing and scotchlocking (shudder) if i could just go into the back of either the towing socket or the plug that plugs into the socket on the car...

For anyone thinking of doing this to a mk2 I found this on eBay. Save you 10-15quid. Just ordered one myself so hopefully I'll know if its any good soon.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280789369908?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Cheers man,

On my ebay watch list until I get paid :)

No problem ;)

Was getting ready to pay 35quid for a mk2 one, then after a lot of searching I saw that one for 20quid n thought I'm !Removed! having that.

Then I clocked they also had the 2.5 for same price so thought I'd post it cause it might save a few people some money. Seems genuine enough and can't really complain about the price.

Not very good with the electric side of things so will not be attempting the second reverse light mod.

Not very good with the electric side of things so will not be attempting the second reverse light mod.

It's really easy mate I'm gonna get the rest of the part together in the upcoming weeks then do it myself.

Then I clocked they also had the 2.5 for same price so thought I'd post it cause it might save a few people some money. Seems genuine enough and can't really complain about the price.

Yes.... Me!

Right mine turned up today so quick delivery

Trying to post a shot up of the new one against the original but photobuckets being !Removed! stupid and failing the upload even after a few attempts

But here's a quick test fit shot

621794_478694318815793_1053617294_o.jpg

Looks loads better. Now I just gotta get my 2 cree reverse bulbs, the red cree fog bulb n the sockets n I'm ready to go. Till then the old fog units back in.

But yeah I can now vouch for this seller the new fog units bang on for a 15quid saving over ford.

Right mine turned up today so quick delivery

Trying to post a shot up of the new one against the original but photobuckets being !Removed! stupid and failing the upload even after a few attempts

But here's a quick test fit shot

Looks loads better. Now I just gotta get my 2 cree reverse bulbs, the red cree fog bulb n the sockets n I'm ready to go. Till then the old fog units back in.

But yeah I can now vouch for this seller the new fog units bang on for a 15quid saving over ford.

looks excellent mate,

the new clear unit looks a little brighter than the left one but this is due to the one on the right having a red bulb still in place giving a little bit of red tint in the unit thus making it look a shade brighter than the left on when a picture is taken.

but they are a pefect match in reality.

also dont purchase a mirror finish red fog bulb because they shine out pink instead of red lol

best results fit a cree red fog light along with the cree reverse ones.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club