Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Start Problem - Engine Malfunction, Immobiliser Active- Help Please.

Robi

Hi Everyone

I have a Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 litre engine, TDCI, 58 registered. I bought it just 2 months ago from my friend who had it as a company car. I believe it was well maintained with required servicing. But now I encountered a problem. I am rather new to Ford cars, so I would appreciate any your help with the following issue.

I used my car 2 days ago without any problem. But today, I tried to start the car but the dashboard says: Engine malfunction, Immobiliser active. The engine does not want to start.

For couple of weeks I have been getting dashboard messages like: Stop Bulb Fault but all lights were ok. Other message was Low battery when using a radio even for a short time but I assumed that the battery is OK as the car used to start without any problem.

About a month ago I had to change a fuse for a cigar lighter. Now I checked visually all fuses in engine and under glove compartments but found no blown fuses. I also tried the spare car key to start the engine but without success.

Now I have no idea what could have happened.

I believe I have read all threads regarding immobiliser issues on this forum but still did not find any useful hint for my issue. I would like to avoid going to unknown garage or usually expensive service by a Ford dealer.

I appreciate your help with solving this issue.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Everyone

I have a Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 litre engine, TDCI, 58 registered. I bought it just 2 months ago from my friend who had it as a company car. I believe it was well maintained with required servicing. But now I encountered a problem. I am rather new to Ford cars, so I would appreciate any your help with the following issue.

I used my car 2 days ago without any problem. But today, I tried to start the car but the dashboard says: Engine malfunction, Immobiliser active. The engine does not want to start.

For couple of weeks I have been getting dashboard messages like: Stop Bulb Fault but all lights were ok. Other message was Low Battery when using a radio even for a short time but I assumed that the battery is OK as the car used to start without any problem.

About a month ago I had to change a fuse for a cigar lighter. Now I checked visually all fuses in engine and under glove compartments but found no blown fuses. I also tried the spare car key to start the engine but without success.

Now I have no idea what could have happened.

I believe I have read all threads regarding immobiliser issues on this forum but still did not find any useful hint for my issue. I would like to avoid going to unknown garage or usually expensive service by a Ford dealer.

I appreciate your help with solving this issue.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

it could be a faulty Ignition ring sensor my mate has a 2010 fiesta and he had it 3 days from the garage brand new and the ignition ring sensor went on him,

he had drove to work no problem then went to drive home again and the car wouldnt star showing the same fault on the dash and the red light flashing like a strobe.

but your symtoms of blowing fuses could be down to a loose earthing point in the cars electric system, if possible try and find a diagram that displays all of the cars earthing points so as you can visualy check, they are usualy in the corners of the front footwells and on the engine block connecting to the chassie, also the main negative connection to the battery itself ensure the ignition is off before doing anything with the battery though mate

Hi,

it could be a faulty Ignition ring sensor my mate has a 2010 fiesta and he had it 3 days from the garage brand new and the ignition ring sensor went on him,

he had drove to work no problem then went to drive home again and the car wouldnt star showing the same fault on the dash and the red light flashing like a strobe.

but your symtoms of blowing fuses could be down to a loose earthing point in the cars electric system, if possible try and find a diagram that displays all of the cars earthing points so as you can visualy check, they are usualy in the corners of the front footwells and on the engine block connecting to the chassie, also the main negative connection to the battery itself ensure the ignition is off before doing anything with the battery though mate

Hi Lenny

Thanks a lot for your help. I will try check it tomorrow. I searched internet for wiring diagram but so far without success.

Cheers,

Robert

• 2 years later...

Hi Lenny i read every your post please help me i have 2008 mondeo 2.0 diesel automotic transmission 3 days ago when i start engine .me come message in the dasboard engine malfunctioln.. i try again again but dont start engine after that come message in the dashboard gearbox problem ...i swict off everything and wait 5 minutes engine start but i see yellow light in the dashboards ....i drive to home when i come i switched from D to P (parking transmission) engine stopped ...i try again but everytime come to message engine malfunction...i go to service he said i need to open gearbox and revision some parts .maybe problem with sensor and this sensor in this gearbox....he clear any errors ..but problems again again... i go to another service ...he said accumulator is bad ı need to change...... or brain gearbox dont working we need to change ...first ı change accumulator clean all errors like 30 km ı drive no problem...but i drive like 100 mph/h and engine automatically stop and i see engine lights and esp lights in dashboard ....know my car is garage please help me !service want to like 1000 pound for open gearbox help please ..sorry for bad my english :(

Mate you need to start your own thread as it's a different issue to the op.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi Robert, I have the wiring diagrams for the MK4, so if you need anything, drop me a message.

Also removed the unnecessary post.

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club