Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Rubbing On St170 (2003)

whiffin

When I corner hard on my 2003 Focus ST I notice the front o/s wheel rubbing on the arch. I also get it when cornering on a left hand bend on bumpy road (over bridges etc). It does it with just me in the car. Suspension feels fine. I think it's standard susension. I have brand new tyres (I think R17/45). It does it on front left but not as bad. Car handles fine.

Nothing to worry too much about I don't think, just annoying

Ideas appreciated.

Front wheel arch seems lower than the rear. 1" gap rather than 2" at a guess

Thanks

Have you still got the standard alloys on it?

If there is a difference in height of the suspension then i would suggest having a good look at the springs if you can, it sounds to me like one has snapped

EDIT: just realised you said the front is different height than the rear, was thinking you said passenger/driver side for some reason

Are you sure you have the original wheel's on there for a start? and secondly, is the lowering of the car at the front deliberate / not so? ....i.e. its not worn dampers or something reducing the height of the suspension?

• Like 1

Are you sure you have the original wheel's on there for a start? and secondly, is the lowering of the car at the front deliberate / not so? ....i.e. its not worn dampers or something reducing the height of the suspension?

Jeebo i don't mean to criticize but a worn damper won't affect the ride height, possibly affect how it rolls in and out of corners though?

Did these have rack limiters fitted to stop the tyres hitting the arches? if so maybe one of these has moved/broken...

I know they are fitted to the newer ST,

Hi Stef, maybe I misunderstood the question, thats more what I was referring to (the cornering and tight turns from it) - lol, your comments werent taken negative though, Im here to learn :)

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the wheels are standard - I'll get a pic

The car isn't modified in any other way, so unlikely it's lowered

How high should the front tyres be from the wheel arch as standard?

Thx