Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St170 -Vs- Civic Type-R

whiffin

I chose an ST (ST170 Mk1) over Civic Type-R (2.0 Mk1) last month as the insurance for the Civic would have killed my bank balance (following car accident and 6 points from motorbike), plus the Civic cost more.

I have my ST and love it - so all good there

I was thinking, perhaps in teh summer if I have spare cash (and on't buy new bike) of swapping ST for the Civic of the same age. I was assuming that they'd be almost identical in performace until he vtec kicks in when the Civic would pull away. I would imagine handling would be similar. Is the Civic as torquey as the ST? (I've only owned a 1.6 CR-X vtec and that did f**k all until 5000 RPM)

Has anyone owned both a Mk1 ST and Mk1 Type-R ... both around 2003 - if so any comments/comparisons?

Thanks

Worth checking out www.civinfo.com for all things Civic related. Very good site, always get quick answers on there :)

PS There's plenty of past and current owners on there for the older shape Civic (EP3 ??)

the central locking module in the civic is built in to the stereo so if changing the stereo mate,

you need to buy an aftermarket central locking module to power the doors, happend a mate of mine who has a 2001 3 door ;)

Yeah could look at Civic forum, but then need to ask the guys there who's driven an ST ...

Want someone ideally who's driven/owned both for comparisoon, rather than just a review of a civic

Thx

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club