Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

focus11

2011 Ford Focus Mk3 1.6 Tdci Re-Map

57 posts in this topic

According to the website the box ups standard output to 240 ps & 480 nm which is 10ps more than Superchips but 25 nm less - odd

No evidence or dyno tests to support these figures though

What setting have you got it set on now? take it you are off of ECO

Your findings are very different from how mine behaves

Maybe the gains are bigger and more noticeable on the smaller Focus engine?

I remember taking g my titx sport up to the lakes (which I know well) and I never got over 30mpg average coz those roads speak to me and I'm damn fast up there.

My superchipped TXS never returns less than 40 mpg brim to brim with all kinds of driving & speeds but this txs hasn't had the EGRV blanked so that may,or may not, be detrimental to mpg with the box which has been setting 2 up to the last 100 miles & now on setting 3 & there is some improvement in response

Days 8 & 9 spent covering around 300 miles around the lakes at all speeds in all gears, setting 3 is the optimum imo

Day 10 - 250 mile trip home & my conclusion is that the box does work, however on this engine, in this vehicle, a Superchips remap is more refined & better suited to me

An earlier post stating that the box is more suitable to lower base powered vehicles may or may not well have some credence - the box clearly works for those who have fitted it & posted & who am I to argue that fact ? - it is however not for me

Apart from another trip down the M4 to Bristol & back my time with this car is over & i'll be gifting the box to my mate as a thank you for letting me test it :)

Apart from another trip down the M4 to Bristol & back my time with this car is over & i'll be gifting the box to my mate as a thank you for letting me test it :)

I wish i had a generous friend like you! :)

MONDEO TXS 2.2 likes this