Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Connection Problem With Blaupunkt Nx Sat Nav

TitaniumX

Need help with checking the connections on my Blaupunkt NX head unit. I had the car (2008 Mondeo Titanium X) valeted and I think they were a bit too handy with the hoover when cleaning the passenger footwell; the head unit is now dead. I've had a look under the glove box (see attached image) and I think a connection may have come out but I'm struggling to see which. Anyone know how to check the right connections? Cheers!

post-23245-0-46561100-1325777243_thumb.j

Safe bet is to check the fuse's and un-plug and then re-plug in the wire connections , Your going to need a radio code.

• Like 2

Safe bet is to check the fuse's and un-plug and then re-plug in the wire connections , Your going to need a radio code.

Thanks for that Paul. I do have the radio code. I was hoping someone might have a diagram so that I could see how many connectors to plug/unplug and how, in case there were some I couldn't see. I am also presuming this unit (including all fuses) is just for the Blaupunkt head unit so that I don't inadvertently break something else in the car. Cheers.

Not sure which ones you will be unplugging , if your worried disconnect the battery first then un-plug at will , i've got a focus so i can't really guide you on the layout of the Mondeo fuse box wiring , but it does sound like they have dislodged something. Or coursed a fuse to blow

The stereo wiring will be similar across the range and not specific to the NX unit as the units are interechangeable , but there will be extra cable for your Climate i would imagine.

OK, so I've checked all the connections in the fuse board and located the fuse for the unit (F6) and that is fine. Still no working head unit.

Any more suggestions as to what could have happened. I've heard that water can get in via the ariel when the car is being cleaned.. what does that break that would lead to a dead head unit?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club