Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Engine Cover

BARNEY86

Hello all!

Recently bought a 08 focus 1.6tdci style, i have noticed there is no engine cover and that alot of other people have said the same,

is it a case of Ford never supplied them, or they have been removed because of some rattle or fault? Or just mine has been missplaced?

Hi seems to me a lot of these go walkies after servicing don,t think intenionaly just mechs seem to forget to put them back where they belong mines also missing and the daughter in laws

Not all cars leave the factory with one, the studs are not always built into all cars. If I recall, the studs where there for most but only Zetec > got the cover. Check the engine bay, if you have the studs, you could buy an engine cover from the dealer, or from one of the FOC's recommended suppliers (or eBay if you so wish!). Shouldnt cost too much all you need is a couple of 10mm nuts to hold it in place (I have some at home, but cant remember their exact dimensions, bought a cheap set of 10mm nuts and bolts (cant remember the diameter though) from B&Q and it fit perfect (I dropped my old nut into the sump tray and it was never to be seen again!)

Hi, do you think that an engine cover if of any benifit? ie reduces engine noise? or just purely cosmetic

If you see how flimsy the plastic is on most engine covers it's clear they are simply cosmetic!

Most common cause of loss is the tech forgetting to put it back on or it getting broken while being taken off/put back or broken while off the car (eg driven over by another tech!).

Soooo many people don't look under their bonnets between services they don't notice. Another large percentage notice but don't care!

You can normally find them on eBay for about £30.

Cheers

Rog

i dont know if this helps but i have heard afew complaints regarding water leaking through from the windscreen jet washers and dripping onto the engine and causing problems eg. water in spark plug sockets. the engine cover would eliminate any risk of that happening.

could save you alot of hassle in the long run. but im not 100% sure so please correct me if im chating complete nonsense lolol

• Like 1

i dont know if this helps but i have heard afew complaints regarding water leaking through from the windscreen jet washers and dripping onto the engine and causing problems eg. water in spark plug sockets. the engine cover would eliminate any risk of that happening.

could save you alot of hassle in the long run. but im not 100% sure so please correct me if im chating complete nonsense lolol

I don't think that spark plugs in particular will be a problem on his diesel... ;)

However, there may be some small truth in what you say

Cheers

Rog

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys chaps, much appreciated

lol blonde moment... but you can see what i was getting at lol

• Like 1

It is beneficial though, 1) it helps to prevent water getting into the ports on petrols, 2) it prevents general water spray rusting the top of the engine block, and helps to keep the nuts loose and tidy!

Other than that, its just cosmetics, but I think an engine cover can be small but make a good difference when it comes to selling the car on... Just gives it that impression of being leaner and cleaner than it may be!