Do Not Sell My Personal Information

amp power

nick26

hello all sorry if this sounds to newbie for you lol . but im new to this and have got a ford focus estate 2001 tddi . do you no how to run the power to your amp with out running it by the wire loom in the door. or have some link with a few pic any help you have i will thank you all for the help

hello all sorry if this sounds to newbie for you lol . but im new to this and have got a ford focus estate 2001 tddi . do you no how to run the power to your amp with out running it by the wire loom in the door. or have some link with a few pic any help you have i will thank you all for the help

I assume the amp is in the boot? There is only one easy way to get a power cable from the battery to the boot as far as i know. I personally have used the following method.

Remove passenger side wheel and wheel are lining. Feed the cable from the battery down into the wheel arch and route it safely around the wheel arch, if you open the door and look at the hinge area you will see a few rubber grommits, you are trying to get the cable into one of them. poke the cable through the foam between the wheel arch and the door then into one of the grommits, its now inside your car again. you will need to remove some of the plastic trim to route the cable into the boot. hope that makes sense, its a very simple job to do, took me about 2.5 hours to fully complete.

check this out...

http://www.focusowners.com/forum/viewtopic...d=a&start=0

that guy puts the cable through the foam too low in my opinion, too much cable visible.

yes was trying to see if there was a way with out going by the door loom not to sure about the wether ect on my power line . as im kind of guess if theres no way thought the in side of the car ? with out drilling it

yes was trying to see if there was a way with out going by the door loom not to sure about the wether ect on my power line . as im kind of guess if theres no way thought the in side of the car ? with out drilling it

there is no other way without drilling. If you run the cable the way i suggested and the way the guide i gave the link to suggests, the cable isnt really open to the elements too badly. Its covered in all the way really. If you were concerned about it, running it inside some flexi conduit would be another option. ive had my sub in for a while now and the cable is still in perfect condition.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club