Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Find My Dads Old Capri!

fordieashx

hi everyone,

I was hoping if anyone could help find the whereabouts of my dads 3.0s Capri who sadly past away nearly 3 years ago.

After selling it about 20 years ago to someone in Aberdeen supposedly it went to Montrose. The car was his pride and joy which made him go to buy another one in 2009 before he suddenly passed away which he was going to restore and bring it back to its former glory!

The registration is DSS 60T and the car was in black. I have attached some photos to help jog your memories :D

DSS60T.jpg

DSS60T5.jpg

DSS60T4.jpg

DSS60T3.jpg

DSS60T2.jpg

Have you tried posting these pics on a Capri owners club site? might be worth a try.. best of luck :)

Have you tried posting these pics on a Capri owners club site? might be worth a try.. best of luck :)

i forgot about that! thanks :)

Just got this from doing a vehical enquiry on the DVLA website:

Date of Liability

01 05 1993

Date of First Registration

01 06 1979

Year of Manufacture

Cylinder Capacity (cc)

3000cc

CO2 Emissions

Not Available

Fuel Type

PETROL

Export Marker

N

Vehicle Status

Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour

BLACK

Vehicle Type Approval

Not Available

The car is also not showing up on the Motor Insurance Database. So me thinks it may no longer be with us. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

It could still be hiding in a garage with no tax/insurance surely?

It could still be hiding in a garage with no tax/insurance surely?

Agree'd its quite possible, but I think given no Insurance flag / TAX flag, its 50/50 dead vs locked up hidden well!

• Like 2

thanks for all the replies!

If i do remember i think my brother tried to find out about it a couple of years ago of its whereabouts too, he did say (what i already mentioned) that it apparently went to Montrose after Aberdeen and was limping about after being in a smash and it had last been taxed in 1994 :( I'd rather it was sitting rotting in a garage dying to be restored than rotting in a scrap yard :(

do you think the best way to find out about it is getting in touch with DVLA themselves? or has anyone been lucky enough to spot the poor old thing..? haha

Due to data protection, I doubt highly that the DVLA will give you that information...

You can ask, but I doubt you will get what you want to hear from them...

Due to data protection, I doubt highly that the DVLA will give you that information...

You can ask, but I doubt you will get what you want to hear from them...

I did hear that they can disclose it if you have reasonable cause for needing it. Which wouldn't be a problem as i know most of the information i.e. my dads D.o.b, license, address at the time and the years he owned it for etc. There's no harm in asking i guess. :)

I did hear that they can disclose it if you have reasonable cause for needing it. Which wouldn't be a problem as i know most of the information i.e. my dads D.o.b, license, address at the time and the years he owned it for etc. There's no harm in asking i guess. :)

You can always ask - but what is your reasonable cause for needing it? unfortunately I dont think that "I am just wanting to see if its on a scrap heap or not" might not class as reasonable cause :( something like "I believe his car has been cloned" may be able to get you something...

I would have been able to check for you on the police database if it wasn't forbidden for personal use. (no getting around it as a 'reason code' has to be given and the officer's details attached to the request which is recorded with a official police log number.)

Unfortunately it's a big no-no and officers have been sacked for doing so, one from my force was for trying to find out the details of who his wife was cheating on him with, I'm pretty certain that for similar reasons insurance companies will not do it.

I'm afraid the data protection act can be a bugger to circumvent.

Like stated before the car is not showing as taxed or insured so the assumption is it's either scrapped, parted out or SORN in a dusty garage somewhere.

I think your last option is to see if a local capri owners club exists and would be willing to pay respects to a fellow capri lover.

Best of luck in your endeavour.

thank you all for your replies!

One thing i just remembered is that when my brother fully restored the 2.8i that my dad had bought to restore himself before he passed, was that my mum and brother tried to retrieve the number plate DSS 60T to put on the 2.8i but DVLA said it was still on a car... (or something along those lines) so is that a glimmer of hope that the car's still garaged or..? :unsure:

I guess the best thing now is just to see if anyone has/does spot it somewhere.

But if you do want to do this whole car spotting thing, if anyone in the Newcastle area is on here try and spot the blue 2.8i special :D

198994_10150107704012887_752162886_6532652_3795319_n.jpg

I would have been able to check for you on the police database if it wasn't forbidden for personal use. (no getting around it as a 'reason code' has to be given and the officer's details attached to the request which is recorded with a official police log number.)

Unfortunately it's a big no-no and officers have been sacked for doing so, one from my force was for trying to find out the details of who his wife was cheating on him with, I'm pretty certain that for similar reasons insurance companies will not do it.

I'm afraid the data protection act can be a bugger to circumvent.

Like stated before the car is not showing as taxed or insured so the assumption is it's either scrapped, parted out or SORN in a dusty garage somewhere.

I think your last option is to see if a local capri owners club exists and would be willing to pay respects to a fellow capri lover.

Best of luck in your endeavour.

Lol, I feel for him, its a shame that he got caught for it... but I suppose it must be difficult to work in the temptation of "the info's there... can I resist???"... Its a shame for your colleague, but as you say DPA can be your worst enemy for a general enquiry...

As for the caprii game, I will play in kent, and if by any chance I see a caprii, I will note the reg and fordieashx will let you know...

As for the caprii game, I will play in kent, and if by any chance I see a caprii, I will note the reg and fordieashx will let you know...

haha I'll have dibs on Aberdeen :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club