Engine Chris

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mondeo TitX Est 2.0TDCi Powershift
  • Year: 2010

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Greetings all!

First i bought an '89G Sierra from a scrapyard. It was trashed, but I only wanted the running gear to use in a kit car I was planning to build. Found out the 2.0DOHC engine was pretty much useless so that went on eBay, whereupon I bought...

A '94L Mondeo estate for 185. Cost 75 in petrol to pick it up and trailer it home where that got stripped and sold off too (made all my money back) and kept the 2.0 Zetec engine to use in my Dax Rush kit car.

It wasn't until July 2011 that I bought the first Ford I could actually drive! It's a 60-Plate Mondeo Estate in Panther Black and Titanuim X trim. 163BHP TDCi with Powershift auto gearbox. Goes well!

And the kit car?? Well, that's still in the garage in a state of build... One of these days it'll be finished.

I hope.

Attached Thumbnails

• Car Surf.JPG
  • DSC01263.JPG
  • 05072011148s.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,774 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

Greetings all!

First i bought an '89G Sierra from a scrapyard. It was trashed, but I only wanted the running gear to use in a kit car I was planning to build. Found out the 2.0DOHC engine was pretty much useless so that went on eBay, whereupon I bought...

A '94L Mondeo estate for 185. Cost 75 in petrol to pick it up and trailer it home where that got stripped and sold off too (made all my money back) and kept the 2.0 Zetec engine to use in my Dax Rush kit car.

It wasn't until July 2011 that I bought the first Ford I could actually drive! It's a 60-Plate Mondeo Estate in Panther Black and Titanuim X trim. 163BHP TDCi with Powershift auto gearbox. Goes well!

And the kit car?? Well, that's still in the garage in a state of build... One of these days it'll be finished.

I hope.

Hi welcome :)

#3 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,651 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

The DAX Rush... is that the Caterham style one??

Nice looking mondeo, u pleased with it?

#4 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,426 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS & Toyota Levin BZR
Contributor

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

Greetings all!

I hope.

Welcome to the forum,

If you get a momment join photobucket and upload the picture's of your Motor,
you can then link them to this forum,
once uploaded go to Album,

below or above each picture on photobucket is an Image URL
copy this URL and paste it in to your posts
once pasted in the post remove the
.img from either side of the link then its job done,

also check out DMB Graphics for Ford Badge Overlays and vintage Decals Click Here

and see my guides listed below this post you may find some of Interest.

and why not start a new thread on the build of the kit car, would be a nice read mate.

Hope this helps mate B)

#5 fordpartsman

fordpartsman

Area Rep: Midlands

• Super Mod
  • 536 posts
  • Name: Adam
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 Zetec S 1.6 Tdci

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:06 AM

Welcome To FOC

Just a quick hello from all the moderation team here at FOC

Any problems, feel free to contact us

Enjoy Your Stay

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users