Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Bluetooth Help

jack_routledge

Hello,

Ive got a Ford Fiesta Zetec S 2009 plate. Its got bluetooth voice control on the stereo. I connected my phone to is through bluetooth, then somehow it disconnected. It now wont re connect and I cant debond it. I cant seem to connect back or do anything now. I looked through other forums, and it said about updating, however I don't have the USB connection. Could anyone advise me on what to do.. or how to reset?

Thanks, Jack

Hello,

Ive got a Ford Fiesta Zetec S 2009 plate. Its got bluetooth voice control on the stereo. I connected my phone to is through bluetooth, then somehow it disconnected. It now wont re connect and I cant debond it. I cant seem to connect back or do anything now. I looked through other forums, and it said about updating, however I don't have the USB connection. Could anyone advise me on what to do.. or how to reset?

Thanks, Jack

I'm afraid its a trip into the dealers - or you need somebody with the IDS kit to upgrade it for you. The only 2 people i know with this is Lez and iNath - obviously depends on whether you are local to either.

My local Ford dealer did it for me with no charge and it took around an hour to sort out. Once they did, it was like having a new system as my bluetooth had been playing up for a couple of months. My car is an early 09 Zetec S - and almost out of warranty but Ford did it with no quibbles and no charge to me.

Almost forgot - you could disconnect the battery and see if that works first?

I'm afraid its a trip into the dealers - or you need somebody with the IDS kit to upgrade it for you. The only 2 people i know with this is Lez and iNath - obviously depends on whether you are local to either.

My local Ford dealer did it for me with no charge and it took around an hour to sort out. Once they did, it was like having a new system as my bluetooth had been playing up for a couple of months. My car is an early 09 Zetec S - and almost out of warranty but Ford did it with no quibbles and no charge to me.

Almost forgot - you could disconnect the battery and see if that works first?

Yeah Ive tried that.. didnt seem to work. Ford garage is only a few miles up the road, so ill probably take it there tomorrow!

Its still in warranty so Im guessing it shouldn't be a problem!

Cheers for the help!

Could try unplugging your bluetooth module. It's located on a sheet of plastic underneath the glovebox, held up by 2 plastic rivets/poppers (I don't know the technical name!)

When you say underneath the glovebox? where exactly underneath? Do you have to release the glovebox first as though your going to look at the fuse diagram? I want to see if mines plugged got any loose cables.

To the OP, I had the EAXCT same problem as you with my iPhone, took it into the dealers and they updated the software under the warranty for free which sorted it, takes a while though.

No the glovebox can stay as it is (closed)

If you have footwell lights next to each bulb holder (or hole/bracket if you don't) is a plastic rivet/popper/thing. With a flat head screwdriver prise the middle out of it and the pull the whole 'plug' out.

Image5.gif

The panel will drop down and the module is screwed to this.

Are the footwell lights on the left or right side if your sat in the car? Don't have them in my car but not sure where they should be?

Are the footwell lights on the left or right side if your sat in the car? Don't have them in my car but not sure where they should be?

Yellow points to the rivets, footwell light is the grey socket you see above right hand rivet.

bluetoothpanel.png

Tanks for the picture, I had a go at removing the little lugs but I couldn't and I didn't want to scratch it all, so I just released the glove box and checked the plugs I could see were firmly seated. So thanks, I maybe would be a bit more forceful if the car wasn't still under warranty as you never know..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club