Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injectors

owl

Whenever I have the Heater on,and the Car STATIONARY there is a smell of Fumes inside the Car,I have been told its the Injectors (the SEALS),and they are a sod to change,you need to wait till it sounds under the Bonnet as if the exhaust is blowing,OTHERWISE you wont know which Injector seals are gone,any Info PLEASE,and do you think that the fumes coming into the Car could be from the Injector seals,Many Thanks all,,Owlman

Whenever I have the Heater on,and the Car STATIONARY there is a smell of Fumes inside the Car,I have been told its the Injectors (the SEALS),and they are a sod to change,you need to wait till it sounds under the Bonnet as if the exhaust is blowing,OTHERWISE you wont know which Injector seals are gone,any Info PLEASE,and do you think that the fumes coming into the Car could be from the Injector seals,Many Thanks all,,Owlman

I've had the same problem with my 2009 '59' fiesta. The smell of diesel fumes was blowing from my air vents. The problem I had was with the first injector. When I came home all I saw was smoke coming from the bonnet, I took it to ford as my car was still under warranty. I heard it cost around £900 to repair it :/ bit pricey for a common fault.

I've had the same problem with my 2009 '59' fiesta. The smell of diesel fumes was blowing from my air vents. The problem I had was with the first injector. When I came home all I saw was smoke coming from the bonnet, I took it to ford as my car was still under warranty. I heard it cost around £900 to repair it :/ bit pricey for a common fault.

Hi Dave,Many Thanks for replying to me,A Mate in the local ATS garage said he believed it was the Injectors,but it was such a sod of a job,you needed to know which had gone,There is no smoke,and no smell when the blower is switched off,but its a nuisance when you cannot have the Heater on,even stopping at a Junction,Once again Dave,Many Thanks Mate

its a common fault on the 1.4, you do not have to replace the injectors just the seals and a local independent garage should be able to do the job for between £300 - £400.

its a common fault on the 1.4, you do not have to replace the injectors just the seals and a local independent garage should be able to do the job for between £300 - £400.

Cheers Mate,Yea I knew it was only the seals,and not the Injectors them selves,but Thanks for pointing it out,Best Wishes Mate