Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chemical Cleaning For Turbo Kits

Antifaith

Yeah quick update - put in the silicon based lubricant and it's squealing like a piggie - sounds like its about to explode - so it looks like I'm going to have to put the old turbo back on <_< to be honest I think the engine is just nackered - before I was putting the lube in I was looking at the exhaust end of the turbo, and it was caked in carbon again - after like a 10 minute test drive

I doubt I'll ever be rid of this heap at the rate it's deteriorating

What about a replacement engine or is that not worth the hassle??

At the rate your going you will be more qualified than the chaps at the ford garages LOL

Don't think it's worth the money or the hassle any more, I'm trying to get a new turbo under the warranty supplied when I bought it but doubt they'll cover it - figure it's worth a go though

I know right lol stupid considering I invested a couple of grand so I wouldn't buy a crock - now Im about £4k down with a car I probably won't be able to sell - the stress is enormous

I'm fully comp as well but I don't think it's worth raising my premium just so I can sell a car really

Ugh ...what to do?! wish I could scrap it for a couple of grand - I might try and use it as a deposit on a new car - this is the last thing I need right now really - especially when I'm trying to save for a mortgage!

I would say stick it to the dealers. If you cant get rid of it and you want a quick sale, clean the sod up - take it in and get a deal done. they will look around the outside, check the cars apeparance and offer you a price - get a handshake on it and get rid that way, dealers ask less questions than private - granted you may make a loss, but a small loss is better than a total loss...

Look at it this way, my Focus was fecked, the DPF was on its last legs, there was a bit of damage here and there, there was a few scratches, and chips filled in with a set from Halfords. the MPG was shocking, the thing was just one problem after another - the dealer paid more than the dealer listed price - he didnt take the time to look at it - opened his book, said I will give you this - jobs a good un. I would not have got that on a private sale...

like a main dealer, or a small biz on the side of the road?

Ok quick update - had a good look over the car on Sat, turned the engine on while looking at the engine - the crippling squeaks and rattles weren't coming from the turbo - and because it was cold I could see some heat coming from the back of the engine - turns out the chemical cleaning kit had made it's way up into the egr and loosened it - the rattling was the egr flapping about - so all I had to do was nip it up a bit and all was good to go - the turbo is still whistling slightly but I should be able to sell it fairly easily now - finally a bit of luck!

Good man! glad to see that you have had a bit of positive feedback! surprised that it worked its way into the EGR and wiggled it out!

I know, pretty odd right? I checked out a kio rio yesterday as it's more in my price range than the cee'd - it's a smart looking car, going to go for a test drive next weekend - I liked it apart from the fact I hit my head on the way in lol - also been looking at vw polos as they are doing a years free insurance with them which is cool - so hopefully I can shift this heap and get on to something that will be kinder to me aha

glad to see I may have swayed you a little ;) lol, and the Cee'd's you can get a good price on, as far as quality is concerned, you can safely assume that the quality of the Rio against the Cee'd is like the KA against the Focus.

Whats tempting you to the rio? are you going the newest 88MPG rio? or are you going the older one? in which case what is selling it to you? the drive? the warranty? or the price?

Rio against the Cee'd is like the KA against the Focus.

It can't be that much difference surely? lol - I'd be going for the newest model - didn't know it did 88mpg though - mainly the warranty as I know i'll never have to worry about a car falling to bits again lol - for the price I'd ideally like to be paying £150 a month - which I know I'll get with the rio with a £2500 deposit

In the feel of the car (in respect of presentation) I personally feel that it is a difference, but I just think that the rio is too small. 88mpg on the diesel variant, its seemingly a very good small 'family' car.

Warranty is fantastic though :)

• 1 month later...

Sold my Focus!

Decided to get a cheap run around - picked up a Pug 206 with 26k on the clock for £1200 - this way if anything breaks, I've got cash left over to fix it lol

are you glad to see the back of it?

You still got any thoughts of heading towards the koreans later, or would you return to the Blue?

hell yeah I am - don't think I'll ever get a Ford again tbh - Hopefully I'll be driving this pug until I can afford an Audi - not sure I'll go with Kia just yet - think they need time to grow first - realise what they want to be rather than copying everyone else

true, or till they stop looking over the shoulder of the hyundai design team! lol.

To be fair the likes of the new Kia Optima (potential rival to the Mondeo) its basically the Hyundai i40.

I think they deserve a chance!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club