Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adjusting the back seats

Ford Lover

Hi everyone

I've had my baby for just over a week now. (04 CMax) and I love it!

Have sussed everything out except for the back seats (have no manual or handbook) Can adjust seats to most positions, but when you fold the middle seat up and back, how do you get the 2 outer back seats to slide in on the diagonal runners? There is a pull lever at the front corner of the seat cushion, haven't pulled it too hard as it doesn't seem very sturdy, but then doesn't seem to do anything - what is it for, and is this something to do with the diagonal runners??

Help would be much appreciated.

Cheers :rolleyes:

Ford Lover,

Once you've cleared the middle seat out of the way, just pull the lever on the front corner of the side seat up and at the same time push the seat base diagonally back towards the middle of the car until it clicks.

Getting the seats out is more tricky. tip the seat forward using the lever on the side of the seat. Then lift the bar at the back of the seat to tumble the seat. Then look at the hinge point for a red catch. Push the catch fully forward and then try to lift the seat out. In my car the catch was very stiff the first time I used it. Also beware, the seats are chuffin 'eavy.

Hope your car is more reliable than mine. I certainly aint a Ford lover after a year with my '04 C-Max - and that's having only Fords for 17 years previously.

C-Maxxer

Ford Lover,

Once you've cleared the middle seat out of the way, just pull the lever on the front corner of the side seat up and at the same time push the seat base diagonally back towards the middle of the car until it clicks.

Getting the seats out is more tricky. tip the seat forward using the lever on the side of the seat. Then lift the bar at the back of the seat to tumble the seat. Then look at the hinge point for a red catch. Push the catch fully forward and then try to lift the seat out. In my car the catch was very stiff the first time I used it. Also beware, the seats are chuffin 'eavy.

Hope your car is more reliable than mine. I certainly aint a Ford lover after a year with my '04 C-Max - and that's having only Fords for 17 years previously.

C-Maxxer

Hi C-maxxer - thanks for that, I'll have a go with it at the weekend.

I read up on Cmax before I went to look at this, and some articles said steer clear of automatics and 1600s. I hope mine doesn't end up being a pig in a poke.

Everythings OK up to now - my husband wanted me to have something he, and his mother could easily get into and tried his best to make me have a Picasso! We had one before and I hated it, felt like you tilted as you went round corners and had an almost non-existent turning circle.

When I read up on Cmax it said that it for people who wanted a MPV but didn't want to drive one! So thought this would be good for me. It really sticks to the road without a tilt!

Thanks for the help

FL