• Super Mod
  • 21,143 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hi Guys,

Well I thought I would open the forum to anyone who owns a Ford and something else (or like me owns something else but still lives here)...

I want to see what the servicing costs are like, I used to have the Focus with a "Service Plan" cost me about 20 per month so I never took a hit at service time... However I think I just got bent over the desk, with my trousers around my ankles...

third year service of my Cee'd (with a dealer for a very long list of reasons) - All inclusive (VAT, Labour, Parts) - usually 370, I get it for 330... I have never seen a bill so high for a service on a non German car!!!

So, now I am hating the Major service more than ever...

So, I open the question to you, what is the cost of your car Ford or Not for a Major service / Third year, what does it include, and do you think its OTT?

Mine apparently includes: Oil + Filter, Fuel Filter, Brake Fluid, Fuel Tank Air Filter, and all the usual guff...

Im going to cry in a corner now, so catch up with you soon....

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: KA Edge, BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2015

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

Ive got my Focus on a 3 year Service Plan at 16.75 a month. Ive not gone passed the two year service with a main dealer so cant comment on the 3 year cost.

#3 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

main dealers are a total rip off when it comes to service time
just had the avensis T27 done at independent to full toyota specs and parts including oil,3 filters,brake fluid ect ect,cost £141 all in. toyota would have been £300+

#4 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: KA Edge, BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2015

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

They're not always a rip off. My last focus was 149 first service and 200 2nd service with a brake fluid change. Previously my local main dealer had been doing a special offer on cars over 4 years old and I had a full service with an MOT for 99. It was 89 for the service and 10 for the MOT. I doubt I will see that offer again though.

#5 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 21,143 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

Some dealers certainly take the mick more than others - cheapest service near where I work - 306 all in, the dealer near where I live (30 miles down the road) 370 all in... the cheek of it!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users