Do Not Sell My Personal Information

blower fan not working

marg

car fanI have a 2001 focus (not air conditioning) the fan will only work on the no 1 setting when i put it on any higher it starts groaning and stops , not good for this cold weather any ideas anybody please ?????????????

car fanI have a 2001 focus (not air conditioning) the fan will only work on the no 1 setting when i put it on any higher it starts groaning and stops , not good for this cold weather any ideas anybody please ?????????????

as far as im aware the blower motors are a weak point on the focus, sounds like your gonna need to get a replacement.

Check the 'ballast' ( if it has one ) which is normally attached to the fan motor ( or i hope it still is ) these are notorious for blowing, which if they do lets the fan only work on the first setting' although i see u mention it starts to "groan" on other settings which could be a dirty/bad connection or a knackered fan/switch. Had the same problem on a cavalier and it was the switch that was knackered.

is it a big job to replace then????????? :unsure:

I have never replaced one before but i assume the glovebox will need to be removed to get access to it. If you want i will send you the info on replacing it from the haynes manual tomorow? if you could pm me your email i will get send you the pages concerned.

I have never replaced one before but i assume the glovebox will need to be removed to get access to it. If you want i will send you the info on replacing it from the haynes manual tomorow? if you could pm me your email i will get send you the pages concerned.

thats great thanks , my email is channygreene@hotmail.com and thanks for yr help :D

My brother replaced his a couple of times. Fiddly but not impossible. Glovebox down and stand on your head in the footwell. In fact I believe that he put his in gear and took the handbrake off then laid across from the drivers side to get a better position. He might be along at some point to correct me....

My brother replaced his a couple of times. Fiddly but not impossible. Glovebox down and stand on your head in the footwell. In fact I believe that he put his in gear and took the handbrake off then laid across from the drivers side to get a better position. He might be along at some point to correct me....

That's a reasonable summing up, although I'd remove the glovebox completely as its only held on with 3 screws, and the job is fiddly enough as it is without that being in the way.

There's a screw right at the back of the motor which is a complete cow to get at, hence the standing-on-head thing. You'll need a short crosshead screwdriver, although I found it easier with a ratchet driver.

I had a few problems with my scrappie-sourced replacement, which is why I did it a few times. The first time it took me about 45 minutes, but I can do it in 10 now, easy.

The fan engine is broken

change this

Here in UK this part is not be very expensive , buy a new one .

Bad advice, and you're not in the UK you're in Brazil. Here they are well over £100 for a new fan

Bad advice, and you're not in the UK you're in Brazil. Here they are well over £100 for a new fan

Jesus , i can't imaginate these prices here , it's very expensive , the same as here in brazil

Jesus , i can't imaginate these prices here , it's very expensive , the same as here in brazil

Er.... what? You're in UK yet you're in Brazil? You "can't imagin[at]e these prices here" yet they're "the same as here in Brazil"?

:huh:

I'm lost. Although, not quite as lost as you are, it seems.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club