Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pet Hates

TcH

So i was driving home today at 5pm which i can gladly say i do about 2/3 times a year, due to my work hours.

Oh my god! Its like every person who cant drive converges together to try and kill people, but on to the topic i think mostly everyone of my pet hates happend tonight!

Ill give a little example and was wandering if you guys have any.

Littering - In anyway shape or form, even worse when it hits your car :(

The amazing talent of being able to push you from the inside lane of a rounabout, to actualy being on the roundabout ;)

People on their phones, but the best bit of all when you give them "the look" they just shrug.

Lack of indicators.

Anyway rant over :P would love to hear some more pet hates ;)

Urgh I'm getting annoyed just thinking about this stuff. lol

- People driving past the queue of traffic then pushing in up ahead near the front of the queue. (I get very annoyed at this and so do others as often in morning rush hour you can tell people on 'the coast road' approaching central motorway (for any tyne and wear members)are nearly bumper to bumper crawling in convoy to stop people pushing in, lol - Seeing this pleases me)

- People not indicating

- People in the wrong lane, or not showing lane discipline

- People blocking yellow box junctions

- People on mobiles

Anyway thats enough before I have an aneurysm

Oh yes.Wrong lanes at roundabout or using wrong lane to jump ahead of queue in other lane,queue jumping in general.Middle lane drivers on motorway when inside lane empty.Blocking yellow box just cos lights was on green even thought they knew they could not go anywhere.People going round and round a car park trying to park right out side the shop when rest of car park is empty because they to lazy to walk,also people that park in disabled when they don't need the space.(my brother for parking in my way most of the time)

Not indicating and worst still, not indicating correctly on round-a-bouts. Plonkers on mobile phones (had one almost drove into me as she took her hand off the wheel to wave at me whilst holding the phone in the other).

All of the above plus people stopping in keep clear sections at roundabouts - I stared at one woman once who just mouthed 'sorry' when she was blocking me from going right. My worst one though - people who hold you up on a national speed limit road by doing 40, then keep doing 40 when the speed limit drops to 30.

I have a few as mentioned

*people not indicating , this gets me ,especially at roundabouts when they are turning first exit and your sitting there wondering where they are going!!! . I admit ive done it but only when I have forgot to indicate which I do very rarely.

*people driving so close behind , this is proberly my worst pet hate for on the road , and so many people do it! , I just fail to understand why especially when the driver in front is driving at a decent speed or obeying the speed limit. I normally slow down if people do this as it just winds them up even more!

*cars overtaking on blind bends is another , why do this , just idiot drivers putting other road users at risk.

*mobile phones while driving

Im sure there is more but cant think of the top of my head.

Edited by Stoney871
swearing removed

People who indicate right when at a roundabout when they want to go straight over. Generally the older person who does this.

People flashing you when you "safely" overtake them.

Its like you were all reading my mind :lol:

Yeah people in traffic who come blasting past you at like 60 in a 30 to get a car infront of you for the rest of the journey... Does my absolute nut in! So pointless.

I never understood the whole flashing thing when someone gets overtaken, like its actualy a bad thing to overtake someone. On that note aswell, undertaking. Not only dangerous but ridiculously stupid.

taxis, especially the ubiquitous silver private hire skoda octavia that stops in the middle of a one way street nowhere near the pavement to let out a fare.

I suppose I'm lucky as most of the annoying things I see on the road I can do something about.

Blue lights do help a lot.

Just to add my voice, one of the most annoying things I put up with on the road are the tailgaters. I drive at the speed limits and there's always usually someone who comes racing up behind you and keeps going until they're a few feet behind you, and then they spend all that time (until you turn off or pull in) following you from that distance. I've even had people doing it to me when it's been raining, it doesn't seem to bother them. I can't remember who posted it but I too slow down if it really gets on my nerves. But I'm as meak as a lamb so I tend to let 'em get on with it lol.

Dan

In no particular order:

I generally get into a rage by the slow moving older drivers who actually think they're being safe. They make my blood boil.

Every day I see them chugging onto a 70mph dual carriageway at 40mph because the merest wiff of brisk acceleration would have their pace-makers rattling around their ribcages. Of course, everyone already on said dual carriageway, and now having to decelerate rapidly and/or switch lanes out of their way, is a dangerous speed freak with no regard for other motorists.

Same on country roads. 20mph is great outside a school. Not on a clear country road. If you want to point at trees and watch birds; get out of the car.

Horses and Cyclists. Why don't I see a tax disc stapled on their butts?

Middle lane hoggers. Should be shot. Simple.

Rant over. Off to find a darkened room for a bit.

Adding to my list.

- At the airport i work at they charge you £2 to drop people off, so people actualy park ON the rounabout.

- People that generaly just park in places that obviously say do not park there.

- The tailgating drives me insane, slowing down and watching them get well and truly annoyed makes me happy :lol:

@TcH: And I always find when people park in stupid places, if you look at them when you drive past 'em they look at you like it's you that's done something wrong! The cheek!

You guys have all listed my pet hates tbh! tongue.gif I drive a lot of 60mph country roads and I hate when people pull out when im clearly too close then decide to do 35/40 mph the whole way and im not able to overtake them!

The other week in the city centre a van driver tried to cut in on me and i didnt let him in, he then pulled in behind me and sped up my tail a few times and was motioning the "Your a winker" hahah, he didnt seem to pleased!

Edited by Stoney871
swear words

A word of advice though - don't blast your horn at someone who's cut you up and almost caused an accident if they are bigger than you!

I had this recently when a queue jumper in a Land Rover decided the gap in front of me was big enough... it wasn't... so I had to emergency stop and was almost hit from behind. I hit the horn, then at the traffic lights at the top of the slip road, this 7 foot tall Phil Mitchell look-a-like jumped out. I'm just under 6 foot tall and 21. I've never hit the central locking button so fast! :unsure:

• Like 2

This 7 foot tall Phil Mitchell look-a-like jumped out. I'm just under 6 foot tall and 21. I've never hit the central locking button so fast! :unsure:

That propper had me laughing, what did he do once he jumped out? :lol:

Lol same here.

Thats probably the situtation I'll be in one day. Luckily noone I've beeped at has ever got out of their car. Although thinking about it doesn't that make them even more of a... w/e.... if they've gotten out because they got beeped at. They were clearly in the wrong to start with otherwise why would we beep them.

God this thread makes me angry but is also interesting at the same time. lol

I opened the window about an inch and he was just hurling all kinds of lovely words at me, before I could really say anything the lights had gone green and he was off in a big black cloud of diesel smoke! I hate other drivers!

I just noticed you're in Yorkshire - did you buy your Fiesta from Benfield in Leeds?

God this thread makes me angry but is also interesting at the same time. lol

I'm glad there are other people who experience the same sort of commute that I do, I thought I was just an angry driver... this is like therapy! :wacko:

Horses and Cyclists. Why don't I see a tax disc stapled on their butts?

Please please dont go there mate...

am a cyclist and t*ssers with that attitude should be shot. you seem to have no regards for other road users. Had so much abuse from people like you. but this will make you sick. in a traffic jam i can get there so much quicker, and it doesnt cost me £40 for a 2 mile journey.

Most people that cycle do have cars, do pay road tax, insurance. but choose to cycle.

I now have 3 cars and a van and pay everything up to date...

I'm glad there are other people who experience the same sort of commute that I do, I thought I was just an angry driver... this is like therapy! :wacko:

Just for the record I still love driving, whether I'm stuck in the city commute or out on the country roads. I'm pretty calm and relaxed most of the time (a lot more since getting an auto), its only when experiencing an idiots errors I get a little annoyed temporarily . :)

Just for the record I still love driving, whether I'm stuck in the city commute or out on the country roads. I'm pretty calm and relaxed most of the time (a lot more since getting an auto), its only when experiencing an idiots errors I get a little annoyed temporarily . :)

Oh don't get me wrong, I love driving too... I often just go for a drive for no purpose other than to drive! It just takes one egit in a thousand to dampen that enjoyment...

And next time, I will strongly consider an auto. My parents always had autos when I was younger and I never understood it... I do now!

I just noticed you're in Yorkshire - did you buy your Fiesta from Benfield in Leeds?

Got it from Polar Ford in Huddersfield matey, even though i live closer to Benfields :P

Im quite lucky I dont have to drive in rush hour very often, but i dont half feel sorry for the people on here that do.

Also on the way home today

- Pulling up on a 40mph main road, yellow lines. Putting hazards on to let someone out. But because they slapped their hazards on "Its okay"

Ggrrrr

My pet hate at the moment is people driving round with Fogs on! Or even lack of lights.

I was driving round Monks Cross at York. A lass comes out of ASDA car park at 9pm with no lights on, flash to let them know.

They continue driving for a mile or so before turning them on!

I have started to put my high beam on at drivers with fogs on. Not only is it annoying, sometimes blinding, but its also illegal.

Mine is undertaking. I hate the idiots that break the law when you're already doing at least the speed limit yourself. Everyone knows its illegal and if I have to move over I can't because some idiot is breaking the law when he should be waiting. If its a 60 mph dual carriageway and I'm doing 60-65 then you should stay behind. One of the worst on my commute to work is that indicating at roundabouts thing. Just before work I have 4 roundabouts about a quarter mile away from each other and it can add ages to my journey if people dont indicate properly and I end up waiting for nothing.