Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pet Hates

TcH

I too hate people driving around with their fog lights on, they're so bright and dazzle you - and it doesn't make you look 'cool' because the majority of cars nowadays have them fitted as standard. What I do is either flash my front fogs on and off or flash 'em with my full beams. They don't seem to care though. I was in a situation a while a go when I did this and the cheeky so-and-so beeped his horn and stuck his finger out of the window. Well he was driving with front fog lights on AND full beams (he probably didn't even realise) and I wasn't the only person flashing him. It's completely selfish.

Dan

Without a doubt it has to be tossers that drive around with their sidelights AND fog lights on. Seems to be the main way to light up the road at night round here, so many of them it makes me raging! :angry:

• Middle lane hoggers.
  • People driving around with no lights on the pitch black.
  • People driving everywhere at 40mph (30mph zones, 40mph zones, 50mph zones...)
  • People driving at 15mph everywhere until they reach a straight section, then fire off like roadrunner until they get to the next corner and slow back down to 15mph again. I'd rather they'd stay at 15mph so I can get past.
  • People who stop every time another car approaches them in the dark.
  • Pedestrians just wandering across the road without looking, even had it happen with someone pushing a pram!
  • I live in the country where there are many places where the road is only wide enough for one vehicle. So is it too much trouble for drivers to acknowledge when someone else as obviously stopped to let you through. I've even resorted to putting my hand up to them to shame them into it!

As a cyclist i'd also add:

• Idiots giving cyclists no room whatsoever.

Life would be a lot safer and less stressful if people were more courteous and in less of a hurry.

Mine is undertaking. I hate the idiots that break the law when you're already doing at least the speed limit yourself. Everyone knows its illegal and if I have to move over I can't because some idiot is breaking the law when he should be waiting. If its a 60 mph dual carriageway and I'm doing 60-65 then you should stay behind.

If the nearside lane is empty you should be in it! I'm not agreeing with the people that are speeding past you but sounds like you shouldn't have been in the outside lane.

• Like 1

Had a cracking one earlier tonight when i had cause to pull a car over.

Mobile phone usage - 3 points, £60 fine

Speeding 50 in 30 zone - 3 points, £60 fine

No tax displayed - Up to £1000 fine

No seat belt worn - £30 fine

No insurance - 6 points Upto £5000 fine

Expired licence - £1000 fine

Car siezed and impounded and likely to be destroyed.:o

The car? Aston Martin DB8 :blink:

The driver? a habitual offender we've been after for a while.dry.gif

Drives like a right a'hole and has no respect for other road users or police.:angry:

I'm of course impartial but boy i enjoyed that one.:D

One less annoyance on the roads, at least for a while anyway.:rolleyes:

People who don't acknowledge or say thanks. I understand that sometimes people forget or just don't have the chance if they're concentrating on driving - that's fine. But I also try and remember to be polite and will always put my thumb up, or flash my lights to say thanks if someone is letting me go.

It's not all bad I suppose, there are some polite folk on the roads still. I was driving in Exeter just yesterday (some of you may know it) and I don't know the roads there as well as I know them here. I got into the wrong lane and realised, so I put my indicator on and waited until it was safe to move back over. Someone flashed me to let me go, and I pulled over. It was some really happy sort of chap who kept putting his hand up to sorta say "No problem we all make mistakes" etc. It was really amusing, I like seeing people like this on the road. It's just rude people and selfish people that I can't tolerate on the roads. I've been driving for four years come next month, and it feels like people in general on the roads have got more selfish. Maybe just the area I live in or might just be me, but it certainly feels that way.

Dan

@Stoney871; Nice one! It's people like this who make the roads dangerous, 50 in a 30 zone AND on his phone. So unfocused on driving he certainly wouldn't see the child/dog/cat/fox run out before him!

The list is endless before ive even begun!

People with no respect for other road users! Those that tailgate (including buses!), cut infront of you, or dont stick the the speed limits (especially those that speed in a 30 and do 30 in a 60!) and dont get caught, but that should change now theres police everywhere up here. Those that go flying past you on a dualer with 'baby on board' signs when there child is in the car, just makes me feel sick. Other young drivers that give us all a bad name. Some of which really need a good telling and go to that Safe drive, stay alive campaign (dont know if you have it down south but :unsure: ) and so on & on!

I also just seen this click here right after i read what Stoney871 said. when will people ever learn! (God i sounded like my mum there :blink: )

Other young drivers that give us all a bad name. Some of which really need a good telling and go to that Safe drive, stay alive campaign (dont know if you have it down south but unsure.gif ) and so on & on!

Here here! I hate the fact we all get tarred with the same brush in terms of insurance and people's perceptions of young drivers.

I agree with a lot of things said on here.

Just to add

I'm getting annoyed with people driving around at night with just their side lights on. I have noticed that it seems to be a lot of older drivers in cars like the Honda Jazz. Maybe they are so obsessed with saving fuel that having thier proper lights on is deemed a waste of fuel to them!!!!!

Again as I travel a lot on motorways and country roads I get really annoyed when people don't have their main beam lights on in very poor weather conditions. I'm talking thick fog, snow and pouring rain on the motorway where visibilty is way down. It seems a lot of people thing that lights are justfor seeing and not to be seen.

People that slam on thier brakes when they come to a roundabout even though it is clear. They should be reading the roundabout as they come up to it.

Old bangers with 10,00k super blue and super blinding hids in normal lenses. There's a Nissan Micra with them round here and the beam pattern is as high as a house. I must add though I see plenty of cars with retro fitted hids in projectors like our fiestas and I don't find them to be a problem at all with regards to being blinded. If anything 5000k and 6000 hids are no where near as bright as factory fit as long as they are the 35w ones. Personally I find Mercedes xenon lights in particular to be much brighter and more likely to irritate others than retro fit hids as they are often set to auto level at a pretty high cutoff point for maximum range.

People that drive on country roads like the Snake Pass at 30mph slowing to 15 for the corners which creates long snakes of cars behind them. It is incosiderate and dangerous as I've seen many a frustrated driver take stupid risks in order to get past. My thinking is that they drive so slow because they are scared of the road, others do it to be eco warriors. Things is though if I drive the Snake from end to end at a pretty steady 50 ish I can leave it 5th and get 45- 50 mpg.

One more that I don't think has been mentioned.

I hate people that are overly keen to return to the left lane on the motorway when it is really busy. Absoulutely the correct thing to do most of the day but at peak it cause chaos with other drivers as they bob in and out of all three lanes. When it is really busy its often easier and safer to stay in a lane but be sure to keep up with the traffic flow.

Again as I travel a lot on motorways and country roads I get really annoyed when people don't have their main beam lights on in very poor weather conditions. I'm talking thick fog, snow and pouring rain on the motorway where visibilty is way down.

I hope you mean dipped beam and not that you're driving everywhere with main beam on :P

People who try to blame you for their own errors they made online. smashing-computer.gif

biggest thing to annoy me......

Celebrities that get let off driving (and other) offences just because they are celebrities and can afford a great lawyer!! (Mr Loophole in most cases lol)

That really winds me up!!

I had some total idiot tailgating me in a lorry yesterday. I find that sort of thing disgusting, I mean it was an articulated lorry and he's literally three feet off my rear bumper. What a total idiot, he was already forcing me to break the speed limit, I mean there's no excuse for that sort of behaviour. I held my hand on the horn and put my hazards on, because I refused to allow the idiot to force me to break the speed limit even more.

He had the cheek to give me the finger and honk his horn back at me when he stopped, so I gave it back to him and he went to get out. Short little bloke, obviously driving his lorry tailgating other road users makes him feel like he's got a bigger **** than he actually has. I'm as meak as a lamb, and I usually stay calm because there's no point getting all stressed. But this guy had me raging, so if he would have got out I would have got out of my car too and had a 'chat' with him. Just sick of selfish and ignorant people on the roads, especially people driving trucks! They should know so much better, they're meant to be 'professional drivers' are they not?

Rant over (I think) :)

your correct mate, they are supposed to be professional drivers and the actions he performed were very life threatening, im totally with you on this and they drive me mad too, also when they cut in on your lane and nearly take the front off your car with their 45ft reefer on the back lol

the lorry drivers tend to get stressed because most of them are not paid by the hour like most jobs, instead these guys are paid by the load, so the more loads he does then the more pay he gets. and the new tachograph the electronic type they go on time now instead of miles so he has to take a break every 4 hours now instead of the ammount of miles he has done,

so if he gets stuck in traffic for an hour then with the new system he still has to take a break from driving even though technicaly he wasnt when stuck in traffic.

Tailgating is the worst of all and one of the most common , I can understand cars getting close together when the front car is going very very slow , but when cars do the speed limit and it happens it is very annoying and dangerous!

Tailgating is the worst of all and one of the most common , I can understand cars getting close together when the front car is going very very slow , but when cars do the speed limit and it happens it is very annoying and dangerous!

change your fog light bulb to a clear one, then when they tail gate you switch it on lol

and see the shock on their faces

:o Ow My God hes put it in Reverse!!

Had a cracking one earlier tonight when i had cause to pull a car over.

Mobile phone usage - 3 points, £60 fine

Speeding 50 in 30 zone - 3 points, £60 fine

No tax displayed - Up to £1000 fine

No seat belt worn - £30 fine

No insurance - 6 points Upto £5000 fine

Expired licence - £1000 fine

Car siezed and impounded and likely to be destroyed.ohmy.gif

The car? Aston Martin DB8 blink.gif

The driver? a habitual offender we've been after for a while.dry.gif

Drives like a right a'hole and has no respect for other road users or police. :angry:

I'm of course impartial but boy i enjoyed that one.biggrin.gif

One less annoyance on the roads, at least for a while anyway. :rolleyes:

Lmao nice catch , but after all your hard work i bet he gets a small fine and a slap on the wrist in the courts.

My Pet hate is having to be driven by the wife !

Lmao nice catch , but after all your hard work i bet he gets a small fine and a slap on the wrist in the courts.

No, he'll get caned as he also came up as a banned driver (for drink driving)

The book is being checked for aerodynamics ready for launch.

Shame that there is no option for a life ban, he's a perfect candidate.

change your fog light bulb to a clear one, then when they tail gate you switch it on lol

and see the shock on their faces

:o Ow My God hes put it in Reverse!!

now that would be funny! ^_^

also those idiots that drive round with one headlamp working & there fogs on even if its not foggy! :angry:

I hope you mean dipped beam and not that you're driving everywhere with main beam on :P

Yes that is what I meant to type. Silly me :D

also those idiots that drive round with one headlamp working & there fogs on even if its not foggy! :angry:

After a lot of people have said this, i've noticed more and more people driving round with side lights and fogs on like they are DRLs... I really dont get it.

Had a women earlier cut me up, slow down to a good 20mph in a 30mph zone and then when we stopped at the traffic lights she stalled 3 times, meaning by the time she got going again the lights had gone back red ¬_¬