jimrex

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 569 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: 2011 Mk3 Focus, 2009 Mk7 Fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

A word of advice though - don't blast your horn at someone who's cut you up and almost caused an accident if they are bigger than you!

I had this recently when a queue jumper in a Land Rover decided the gap in front of me was big enough... it wasn't... so I had to emergency stop and was almost hit from behind. I hit the horn, then at the traffic lights at the top of the slip road, this 7 foot tall Phil Mitchell look-a-like jumped out. I'm just under 6 foot tall and 21. I've never hit the central locking button so fast! :unsure:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 TcH

TcH

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta MK7 61 Zetec S

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

This 7 foot tall Phil Mitchell look-a-like jumped out. I'm just under 6 foot tall and 21. I've never hit the central locking button so fast! :unsure:

That propper had me laughing, what did he do once he jumped out? :lol:

#18 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,688 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

Lol same here.

Thats probably the situtation I'll be in one day. Luckily noone I've beeped at has ever got out of their car. Although thinking about it doesn't that make them even more of a... w/e.... if they've gotten out because they got beeped at. They were clearly in the wrong to start with otherwise why would we beep them.

God this thread makes me angry but is also interesting at the same time. lol

#19 jimrex

jimrex

• FOC Supporters
  • 569 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

I opened the window about an inch and he was just hurling all kinds of lovely words at me, before I could really say anything the lights had gone green and he was off in a big black cloud of diesel smoke! I hate other drivers!

I just noticed you're in Yorkshire - did you buy your Fiesta from Benfield in Leeds?

God this thread makes me angry but is also interesting at the same time. lol

I'm glad there are other people who experience the same sort of commute that I do, I thought I was just an angry driver... this is like therapy! :wacko:

#20 markyp

markyp

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Name: mark
  • Ford Model: ranger thunder
  • Year: 2004

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Horses and Cyclists. Why don't I see a tax disc stapled on their butts?

Please please dont go there mate...

am a cyclist and t*ssers with that attitude should be shot. you seem to have no regards for other road users. Had so much abuse from people like you. but this will make you sick. in a traffic jam i can get there so much quicker, and it doesnt cost me 40 for a 2 mile journey.
Most people that cycle do have cars, do pay road tax, insurance. but choose to cycle.
I now have 3 cars and a van and pay everything up to date...

#21 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,688 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

I'm glad there are other people who experience the same sort of commute that I do, I thought I was just an angry driver... this is like therapy! :wacko:

Just for the record I still love driving, whether I'm stuck in the city commute or out on the country roads. I'm pretty calm and relaxed most of the time (a lot more since getting an auto), its only when experiencing an idiots errors I get a little annoyed temporarily . :)

#22 jimrex

jimrex

• FOC Supporters
  • 569 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

Just for the record I still love driving, whether I'm stuck in the city commute or out on the country roads. I'm pretty calm and relaxed most of the time (a lot more since getting an auto), its only when experiencing an idiots errors I get a little annoyed temporarily . :)

Oh don't get me wrong, I love driving too... I often just go for a drive for no purpose other than to drive! It just takes one egit in a thousand to dampen that enjoyment...

And next time, I will strongly consider an auto. My parents always had autos when I was younger and I never understood it... I do now!

#23 TcH

TcH

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta MK7 61 Zetec S

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

I just noticed you're in Yorkshire - did you buy your Fiesta from Benfield in Leeds?

Got it from Polar Ford in Huddersfield matey, even though i live closer to Benfields :P

Im quite lucky I dont have to drive in rush hour very often, but i dont half feel sorry for the people on here that do.

Also on the way home today

- Pulling up on a 40mph main road, yellow lines. Putting hazards on to let someone out. But because they slapped their hazards on "Its okay"

Ggrrrr

#24 selway89

selway89

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI (95)
  • Year: 2010

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

My pet hate at the moment is people driving round with Fogs on! Or even lack of lights.

I was driving round Monks Cross at York. A lass comes out of ASDA car park at 9pm with no lights on, flash to let them know.

They continue driving for a mile or so before turning them on!

I have started to put my high beam on at drivers with fogs on. Not only is it annoying, sometimes blinding, but its also illegal.

#25 hula89

hula89

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: '09 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

Mine is undertaking. I hate the idiots that break the law when you're already doing at least the speed limit yourself. Everyone knows its illegal and if I have to move over I can't because some idiot is breaking the law when he should be waiting. If its a 60 mph dual carriageway and I'm doing 60-65 then you should stay behind. One of the worst on my commute to work is that indicating at roundabouts thing. Just before work I have 4 roundabouts about a quarter mile away from each other and it can add ages to my journey if people dont indicate properly and I end up waiting for nothing.

#26 Danny87

Danny87

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Freestyle 1.25 Zetec 5-door
  • Year: 2001

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

I too hate people driving around with their fog lights on, they're so bright and dazzle you - and it doesn't make you look 'cool' because the majority of cars nowadays have them fitted as standard. What I do is either flash my front fogs on and off or flash 'em with my full beams. They don't seem to care though. I was in a situation a while a go when I did this and the cheeky so-and-so beeped his horn and stuck his finger out of the window. Well he was driving with front fog lights on AND full beams (he probably didn't even realise) and I wasn't the only person flashing him. It's completely selfish.

Dan

#27 Kingmunky

Kingmunky

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Name: Greg
  • Ford Model: Fiesta S1600
  • Year: 2010

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Without a doubt it has to be tossers that drive around with their sidelights AND fog lights on. Seems to be the main way to light up the road at night round here, so many of them it makes me raging! :angry:

#28 Smett72

Smett72

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

• Middle lane hoggers.
  • People driving around with no lights on the pitch black.
  • People driving everywhere at 40mph (30mph zones, 40mph zones, 50mph zones...)
  • People driving at 15mph everywhere until they reach a straight section, then fire off like roadrunner until they get to the next corner and slow back down to 15mph again. I'd rather they'd stay at 15mph so I can get past.
  • People who stop every time another car approaches them in the dark.
  • Pedestrians just wandering across the road without looking, even had it happen with someone pushing a pram!
  • I live in the country where there are many places where the road is only wide enough for one vehicle. So is it too much trouble for drivers to acknowledge when someone else as obviously stopped to let you through. I've even resorted to putting my hand up to them to shame them into it!

As a cyclist i'd also add:
  • Idiots giving cyclists no room whatsoever.

Life would be a lot safer and less stressful if people were more courteous and in less of a hurry.

#29 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,602 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

Mine is undertaking. I hate the idiots that break the law when you're already doing at least the speed limit yourself. Everyone knows its illegal and if I have to move over I can't because some idiot is breaking the law when he should be waiting. If its a 60 mph dual carriageway and I'm doing 60-65 then you should stay behind.

If the nearside lane is empty you should be in it! I'm not agreeing with the people that are speeding past you but sounds like you shouldn't have been in the outside lane.

#30 merlie

merlie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Alain
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Tdci Climate 110
  • Year: 2006

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:21 AM

middle lane drivers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users