Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pet Hates

TcH

I had one last night. An idiot that was driving at 25 in a 60 but the road was too narrow to overtake as he was driving in the middle straddling the white line. Then when we got onto the wider part of the road where you can overtake I went to overtake I see his car jump down as he drops a gear and boots it up to 50mph! This is while I am halfway past him meaning I had to in the end go faster than 60 to overtake. He then slowed back down and I left him for dead when I dropped back to about 55. People like that are tossers and are gonna cause an accident doing stupid things like that. I know some of you will say "shouldnt be overtaking" but it was clear in the other direction and he was doing 25 in a 60.

I had one last night. An idiot that was driving at 25 in a 60 but the road was too narrow to overtake as he was driving in the middle straddling the white line. Then when we got onto the wider part of the road where you can overtake I went to overtake I see his car jump down as he drops a gear and boots it up to 50mph! This is while I am halfway past him meaning I had to in the end go faster than 60 to overtake. He then slowed back down and I left him for dead when I dropped back to about 55. People like that are tossers and are gonna cause an accident doing stupid things like that. I know some of you will say "shouldnt be overtaking" but it was clear in the other direction and he was doing 25 in a 60.

The roads I drive its a case of theres only 2 or 3 stretches of road you can safely overtake, and I too get people going 30-35 then when we get to the straight and they see me try to overtake they boot it to 60-70! Its well annoying

After a lot of people have said this, i've noticed more and more people driving round with side lights and fogs on like they are DRLs... I really dont get it.

Had a women earlier cut me up, slow down to a good 20mph in a 30mph zone and then when we stopped at the traffic lights she stalled 3 times, meaning by the time she got going again the lights had gone back red ¬_¬

Some cars now seem to have DRL's that are fog lights at 50% power?

Some cars now seem to have DRL's that are fog lights at 50% power?

Yeah like the Fabia VRs. But cars from 09 plates back dont, either way i still think it looks ridiuclous, and especially when they dont put their headlights on at night and just leave the fogs and sidelights.

Honda Civics - just the look of them annoys me and so do most of the people I see driving them. I've seen a guy round here a few times that will drive down the road with no seatbelt on and talking on his phone. Others tailgate me and generally get on my nerves, Driving back from work earlier a car followed (tailgating) me with its headlights adjusted too high causing me to flip my mirror to the dark side. I thought at first it was a mk6.5 fiesta from the shape of the lights, but after it went a different way at a roundabout to me I saw it was a Civic. Typical!

Another one is cars where one foglight comes on as they go round a corner - the other day on a small roundabout a guy was going straight ahead coming off at the exit I was coming out from hence I had no need to stop, but just as I get on to the roundabout one light lit up on the right side of the car. My immediate thought was that was his indicator that he's just turned on and he's actually coming round into the side of my car. Turns out it was just this one foglight thing as he was 'turning' round the curve of the roundabout.

One of my Wife's friends just got her car written off by someone going the wrong way down a one way street.

I severely dislike also when people come the wrong way in and out of car parks, lost count of how many times i've been heading into my local multi-storey and someone is coming down the in ramp towards me.

Some people really can't read signs, bet they'd see them if they were offering free money though.

Oh people coming out of car parks the wrong way annoys me too! I mean there's signs saying 'no entry' or whatever, it's so dangerous because even if you are only going 5mph there's still a risk of a bang if you go round a corner and all of a sudden some idiot appears completely oblivious!

I can't remember who posted about people having one headlight working and to compromise they switch on their fog lights, but that's so annoying. I had to laugh once when I saw someone doing this, but he had one foglight not working either, on opposite sides. So it looked like the worst case of 'road camber' I'd ever seen as they approached me.

Dan

And why do they only have 1 foglight working? Because the other one wore out after being used unnecessarily all the time!

Honda Civics - just the look of them annoys me and so do most of the people I see driving them. I've seen a guy round here a few times that will drive down the road with no seatbelt on and talking on his phone. Others tailgate me and generally get on my nerves, Driving back from work earlier a car followed (tailgating) me with its headlights adjusted too high causing me to flip my mirror to the dark side. I thought at first it was a mk6.5 fiesta from the shape of the lights, but after it went a different way at a roundabout to me I saw it was a Civic. Typical!

Another one is cars where one foglight comes on as they go round a corner - the other day on a small roundabout a guy was going straight ahead coming off at the exit I was coming out from hence I had no need to stop, but just as I get on to the roundabout one light lit up on the right side of the car. My immediate thought was that was his indicator that he's just turned on and he's actually coming round into the side of my car. Turns out it was just this one foglight thing as he was 'turning' round the curve of the roundabout.

Auto dimming mirrors are the best invention ever for this sort of thing , although tailgaters get on my nerves I dont have to worry about getting dazzled by there headlights and carmly carry on my driving.

So on this subject... When your being tailgated... Do you speed up or slow down?

I flash the blues. :D

When driving away from work i slow down, really winds them up, anyway if they go into the back of you it's their insurance that pays.

Don't you find that most tailgaters are either taxis, Audi's or BMW's? :angry:

When driving away from work i slow down, really winds them up, anyway if they go into the back of you it's their insurance that pays.

God id love that job!

Yeah round my end its usualy Audi's the most impatient set of drivers on the round in my oppinion. The taxis round here arent to bad apart from stopping in ridiculous places.

Some of us don't have that luxury ;) as much as i'd love that!! However hopefully soon i will have a warrant card, just passed the assesment centre for the Specials...

Taxis, Audi's, BMW's, Vans, and boy racers in their chavved up corsas or fiestas, who should know better that yes, they may be a little faster than me in a straight line, but please don't try sit behind me in the bends! lol

The job has it's benefits and also it's downfalls too.

Had to change my car last year as some naer'do'well recognised it from the works car compound after i had pulled him in.

Found where it was parked on the street and gouged the hell out of the paint and also decided to make it more aerodynamic by removing all exterior protusions (mirrors, aerial, wipers,side trim).

He obviously decided it needed lowering too and kindly removed all the nasty air from my tyres for good measures.

Pity he didn't notice the camera i keep pointing at the car for just such eventualities.

Fined with costs of repairs and 2 years ASBO (!Removed! waste of time in my personal opinion)

The job has it's benefits and also it's downfalls too.

Had to change my car last year as some naer'do'well recognised it from the works car compound after i had pulled him in.

Found where it was parked on the street and gouged the hell out of the paint and also decided to make it more aerodynamic by removing all exterior protusions (mirrors, aerial, wipers,side trim).

He obviously decided it needed lowering too and kindly removed all the nasty air from my tyres for good measures.

Pity he didn't notice the camera i keep pointing at the car for just such eventualities.

Fined with costs of repairs and 2 years ASBO (!Removed! waste of time in my personal opinion)

Ive wanted to be in the police for god knows how long.

But jesus that doesnt sound good. Its a good job you had the camera though isnt it. Id have been 10x more gutted if i couldnt prove it was who you thought it was.

Some of us don't have that luxury ;) as much as i'd love that!! However hopefully soon i will have a warrant card, just passed the assesment centre for the Specials...

Good luck, One of my bezzie oppos is a Special and he's a top bloke.

Apply the law with a level head and a fair heart. :)

Theres one word for people like him.......

Unfortunately it's not postable here <_<

Same here mate, i applied years ago, but was unsuccessful. Hence why ive applied to the specials, its a foot in the door, and only 16 hours a month minimum... Also, you get to see if you get on with the job before actually doing it lol!

But jesus that doesnt sound good. Its a good job you had the camera though isnt it. Id have been 10x more gutted if i couldnt prove it was who you thought it was.

It's either a camera or leaving the dog in the car, problem is she'd probably do more damage to the inside than any t****r would do to the outside.

Same here mate, i applied years ago, but was unsuccessful. Hence why ive applied to the specials, its a foot in the door, and only 16 hours a month minimum... Also, you get to see if you get on with the job before actually doing it lol!

I got into the assesment center for north yorkshire police and was waiting on a date to go up, but then the torys got in and closed them all -_- so just sat here waiting. I tried for the specials but they had to many applicant for west yorkshire.

It's either a camera or leaving the dog in the car, problem is she'd probably do more damage to the inside than any t****r would do to the outside.

Haha i have enough trouble letting my girlfriend in the car with even a hint of muck on her shoes, not a chance id have a dog in there ;)

Where can I get a set of these?

:lol:

Off road use only of course?

Aaww i was wanting to go all Starksy and Hutch and whap it on top of my car while chasing after some robbing bandits :(