Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Heater Controls, A Little Stiff!

Amy

Hi there,

today I took my beloved greenthing into my local ford dealer to have the fan controls looked at.

Basically, when the fan speed is set at 1 or 2, and then you change the temperature from cold to hot and vice versa, all works smooth and the dial does not stick in the slightest. However, the problem comes when you ser the fan speed at 3 or 4 and then attempt to change the temperature, it is as though that little dial does not want to move. Definately worse going from hot to col, and there is a certain point about 2/3 of the way around where it hardly moves at all. Also can hear the heater flaps moving around a lot at this point.

Long story short, feeling as though my freindly neighbourhood ford branch are fobbing me off. They say they have compared it with other models and they are all the same, which im not 100% convinced is right, as im near sure this is only a recent problem im having!

So really, lovely knowing ford people with mk7 fiestas, is this normal at all!?!? Im half hoping it is, half hoping it isnt?! Working at a garage, im near sure it should be and that this will probably lead to problems in the future, but a warranty is a warranty and they should honour it. :)

I'm sure you guys will be a considerable amount more help than Ford.

Thankyous in advance :)!

Hi

Mine certainly does not act in the way you describe, mine is smooth and free moving at any fan speed going either way hot or cold. sounds to me like they are either fibbing to you or they are stupid. I would take it back or try another dealership.

Regards

Adrian

Nah, the action should be the same all the way through the turn. You're getting fobbed off imo.

thanks for the replies.

Yes, im near sure they was lying to me, which is a shame really, if there is an issue just own up to it and sort it.

Not 100% sure why they feel its okay to lie to somebody and tell them its normal, although i do suppose the green colour does somehow invite people to try taking advantage :P !

Will be getting a full diagnostic done on it tomorrow then, see how they foot the bill for everything else that is probably wrong with it. :(

Thank you again!

quite surprised people are agreeing with you on this one........

I genuinely believe the guy in the garage, mainly because this is whats supposed to happen. You're changing which air you're getting the feed from.... to have some force, especially when you have it in full flow is natural... it's the laws of physics.... I have had the same feeling in every car I've owned (only 3, but enough to know it's meant to be like that)

I thought it just changed the flow of coolant through the heater matrix?

quite surprised people are agreeing with you on this one........

I genuinely believe the guy in the garage, mainly because this is whats supposed to happen. You're changing which air you're getting the feed from.... to have some force, especially when you have it in full flow is natural... it's the laws of physics.... I have had the same feeling in every car I've owned (only 3, but enough to know it's meant to be like that)

I get what you mean, it would make sense to do that! but still, near positive it wasnt like it this time last year, and feels like its going to snap off when turning.

• 9 years later...
On 1/9/2012 at 8:49 PM, Amy said:

Hi there,

today I took my beloved greenthing into my local ford dealer to have the fan controls looked at.

Basically, when the fan speed is set at 1 or 2, and then you change the temperature from cold to hot and vice versa, all works smooth and the dial does not stick in the slightest. However, the problem comes when you ser the fan speed at 3 or 4 and then attempt to change the temperature, it is as though that little dial does not want to move. Definately worse going from hot to col, and there is a certain point about 2/3 of the way around where it hardly moves at all. Also can hear the heater flaps moving around a lot at this point.

Long story short, feeling as though my freindly neighbourhood ford branch are fobbing me off. They say they have compared it with other models and they are all the same, which im not 100% convinced is right, as im near sure this is only a recent problem im having!

So really, lovely knowing ford people with mk7 fiestas, is this normal at all!?!? Im half hoping it is, half hoping it isnt?! Working at a garage, im near sure it should be and that this will probably lead to problems in the future, but a warranty is a warranty and they should honour it. :)

I'm sure you guys will be a considerable amount more help than Ford.

Thankyous in advance :)!

Was this issue ever resolved I'm having the same problem now and struggling to find a solution