Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Audio Equipment Issues

C920FMP

I have a new style Ford Focus Titanium which was new in March 2011.

I got an iPod for Christmas which I've now got connected in the Focus via USB and audio jack cable. All been ok for the past couple of weeks. This evening, I plugged it in before I left work and closed the glove box door, as soon as I did, the centre console lights and display went out however the radio was still playing. So I switched the ignition off, waited a bit and started the car again. No centre console lights, no display and now no sound.

I did all the usual stuff of unplugging the iPod and plugging it in again, turning it off, tried turning the radio on and off, pressing the CD/radio/phone/aux buttons. Nothing. I unplugged the iPod and drove off, no music and no illumination from the centre console.

Everything else was ok, the doors locked with the button and the light came on, the hazards work but the red button doesn't illuminate. The climate control isn't affected and still works.

Since getting home, I have checked the relevant fuses in the fusebox in the book and in the passenger footwell. All appear to be ok and no sign of one popping.

Can anyone offer any advice or something to check that I might've missed? Or perhaps suggest what might've caused this?

I suspect I'll have to take it in to my local Ford dealer.

Thanks in advance,

Adam Smith

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club