#1 jane_b

jane_b

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Name: jane
  • Ford Model: focus mk2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

i have a focus 2008 1.4 style and i just have change the front seats with a sport ones with no airbag on the seat
i friend of mine just told to fit a resistor of 2.2 ohms and it worked fine for a while but now its on again
when i connected the car on the computer diagnostic it say "passenger airbag circuit resistance to high"
Also only lights up when the weather is warm or when i drive fast and i hit a whole on the road
it doesnt stay on the whole time if the car is not moving every thing its ok
frustrating :@:@:@:@:@:@

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,098 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

i have a focus 2008 1.4 style and i just have change the front seats with a sport ones with no airbag on the seat
i friend of mine just told to fit a resistor of 2.2 ohms and it worked fine for a while but now its on again
when i connected the car on the computer diagnostic it say "passenger airbag circuit resistance to high"
Also only lights up when the weather is warm or when i drive fast and i hit a whole on the road
it doesnt stay on the whole time if the car is not moving every thing its ok
frustrating :@:@:@:@:@:@

Hi have you thought about trying a lower resistor and also if its coming on while driving or hitting a bump then there must be a bad connection , which means the 2.2 ohm is not doing its job properly

#3 jane_b

jane_b

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Name: jane
  • Ford Model: focus mk2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

you mean something like 2.0 ohms?

#4 mcbutler

mcbutler

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: 1.8 TDCI Ghia estate
  • Year: 2004

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Just measure the resistance of the part you have removed and install a resistor of the same value, should do the job.

When your airbag light flashes it is giving you a code i.e 4 flashes followed by 2 flashes = 42

Check this against the code given by the diagnostic, you may have more than one problem.

You can search for ford airbag codes and get the list.

I had huge snags with mine and after all the fault finding I just loosened the bolts securing the front crash sensor half a turn, retightened them to make the earth connection better and hey presto, fixed.

It will be something very simple, just needs a little tenacity to find it.

Good luck :-)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users