AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

jane_b

Help Please:s Airbag Light On

4 posts in this topic

i have a focus 2008 1.4 style and i just have change the front seats with a sport ones with no airbag on the seat

i friend of mine just told to fit a resistor of 2.2 ohms and it worked fine for a while but now its on again

when i connected the car on the computer diagnostic it say "passenger airbag circuit resistance to high"

Also only lights up when the weather is warm or when i drive fast and i hit a whole on the road

it doesnt stay on the whole time if the car is not moving every thing its ok

frustrating :@:@:@:@:@:@

i have a focus 2008 1.4 style and i just have change the front seats with a sport ones with no airbag on the seat

i friend of mine just told to fit a resistor of 2.2 ohms and it worked fine for a while but now its on again

when i connected the car on the computer diagnostic it say "passenger airbag circuit resistance to high"

Also only lights up when the weather is warm or when i drive fast and i hit a whole on the road

it doesnt stay on the whole time if the car is not moving every thing its ok

frustrating :@:@:@:@:@:@

Hi have you thought about trying a lower resistor and also if its coming on while driving or hitting a bump then there must be a bad connection , which means the 2.2 ohm is not doing its job properly

Just measure the resistance of the part you have removed and install a resistor of the same value, should do the job.

When your airbag light flashes it is giving you a code i.e 4 flashes followed by 2 flashes = 42

Check this against the code given by the diagnostic, you may have more than one problem.

You can search for ford airbag codes and get the list.

I had huge snags with mine and after all the fault finding I just loosened the bolts securing the front crash sensor half a turn, retightened them to make the earth connection better and hey presto, fixed.

It will be something very simple, just needs a little tenacity to find it.

Good luck :-)