Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding Drivers Side Roof Grab Handle

irl-06lx

Looking at putting a grab handle (roof mounted) on the drivers side.

They're about €30 and not quite the necessary expense right now, so I'm looking at taking one off either the passenger side or the two back ones. The back ones have coat hooks so I'm not sure if they're the same size between the mounting points?

Looked at it today, but the drivers side has no real mounting point, just receivers for the covers. Photos attached of both sides.

Anyone any suggestions as to how to get the handle mounted on the drivers side?

post-28604-0-33398800-1326411136_thumb.j

post-28604-0-63032400-1326411153_thumb.j

post-28604-0-96436000-1326411170_thumb.j

post-28604-0-00129900-1326411189_thumb.j

Not sure if there is a handle that fits - My motor has a sprung flip down sunglasses holder there.

Best advise would be to remove the passinger side handle and look at how thats mounted and if it is the same as the drivers side. If it would mount then i guess that the best place and fit for the handle would be from a Left Hand Drive Focus.

the photos show the left hand side handle and fitting, and also the drivers side cover and fitting

I see - makes more sense looking at your pics now LOL

Doubt you can then mate - those driver side mounting points are obviously just for the glasses case.

Only thing i can suggest is stop driving around corner ssooo fast that you need a grab handle to hold to stop you ending up in the passinger seat ROFL

Drill 2 holes through and fix it with a nut and bolt. If you can't stand looking at the bolt head/nuts on the roof of your car, get a touch up pen and paint them body coloured !! :lol: Sorry couldn't resist............

you're all hilarious :P

Going to look at taking the headlining off partly on each side tomorrow to see what those mounting points are like.

Not going to be fun so tips appreciated :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club