Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcyoungy

1.8 Tdci Exhaust Smell In Cabin

2 posts in this topic

Hi I've had my 2006 1.8tdci for a month now. Quite happy in general but there's a smell of exhaust fumes in the cabin when the engine is warm, much worse when coming off the accelerator.

In the receipts I got with the car there is one for replacing a turbo pipe that had cracked.

Is there any other common cause of this smell?

I heard somewhere about exhaust manifold nuts working loose. Are these easy to get at? Does anyone have the torque setting for them?

many thanks

looked at the pipe that was replaced...... the jubliee clip on the hose to the intercooler was less than tight with oil all round the joint. Also the elbow hose at the EGR valve wasn't fully home and the clip wasn't fully tightened with a lot of soot around the joint. I've tightened the clips and I'll see how it is now. May have to pull it all off and refit. Ford main dealer did that job - glad I didn't pay for it.