Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Do You Mount Your Phone/mp3 Player?

PaulB1803

Guys, i've got a Focus titanium with Aux socket in the glovebox. I have an ex contract android mobile that has an 8gb memory card in that i'll use as an mp3 player and sat nav. I've been using my current phone in the cup holder bit and ran the cable to it.

I find it a bit restrictive there and can't really see the screen too well.

What i want to do is leave this phone semi/permanently connected in a position where i can see the album artwork or sat-nav. I want the cables for charger and aux to be as hidden as possible.

I've looked at a couple of mounting options namely http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-CAR-HOLDER-WINDSHIELD-MOUNT-DASH-MOUNT-PHONES-GPS-iPOD-SAT-NAV-/120834413964?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item1c224ad58c#ht_500wt_1287 and http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320812704503?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

The first one, i thought i might fasten it inside the storage box on top of the dash and have an extra 12v supply for charging hidden behind dash, with charging cable and aux cable routed in to storage box. I'm not sure though that this mount would fasten securely to the lid.

The second one, i wasn't sure where to mount it, and its probably less tidy than the first. seems a handy thing to have either way lol.

So, how do you guys mount your phones/mp3's? also any suggestions on my ideas above or alternative recommendations. The only thing i wont do is pay a fortune or damage the dash :)

I use a windscreen mount for my iPhone which I use for my sat nav. The cable is routed from the 12v socket near the gearstick and tucked behind the steering column. There's an overlap between the panels by the driver's knee which is just right for squeezing the cable into. It's nicely out of sight. Obviously, the Focus dash is different but I have used a windscreen mount and tucked the cable out of the way in all my previous cars where I have had this phone.

For music I have an 8GB memory stick which I leave permanently in the USB socket.

I've got one of the tetrax xway magnetic mount http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tetrax-Universal-Xway-Holder-Inc-Magnets-and-Reinforced-clips-TX72216-/290654518484?pt=UK_Mobile_Home_Phones_Bluetooth_Acc_ET&hash=item43ac5bfcd4#ht_2371wt_742 which clamps onto the fins of the middle vent. The cable comes from the USB in the armrest and is tucked under the centre console and comes out by the drivers knee quite near to the centre vent.