Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

john5

Door Locking

5 posts in this topic

Hi

When I unlock the doors, if I don't put the key in the ignition and close the door, after a little while it locks itself. Very good idea if I had forgotten to lock it when parked, but a nightmare if I left the key on the seat or somwhere, as I have no spare key. I wondered if it's possible to program it to stop this happening.

cheers

John.

it's usually the other way around , if you unlock the door via remote or key , only if you don't open the door should it re-lock .

If you open the door then it should not auto lock.

The system will not or should not auto lock when you get out and walk away from the car

confirmed if you unlock the doors with remote and dont open them excluding the bonnet and boot then the doors will relock but if you open a door then close it again the car should not relock itself

Hi

Thank you both for your replies you were both right. I had it looked at and it was caused by a connection, no problems now.

cheers

John.

a nice easy fix then mate