Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brakes

pragmatix

Not sure if its just me but my brakes work, but dont inspire confidence, not sure if that because I have come from a Citroen C5 ( fantastic Brakes) or if Mondeo brakes are just dead. Cailper are all clean, pads are newish not glazed, discs in good condition and as of half an hour ago fresh fluid and bleed, pedal solid, so is it just the car? its a 2002 130 Tdci estate

No one, guess its just me then that thinks the brakes are poor

No its not you. Ford brakes are not great compared to other makes, but you do get used to it.

When I drive my Father in Laws Seat, I normally start by trying to put my head through the window when I first use the brakes.

The brakes are far from great prag, have you got 300mm on the front and 280mm rears? That's what I've got, a lot of owners are using the 320mm focus st brakes on the front, from what I've read it makes a massive difference but you will need 17 inch wheels

The brakes are far from great prag, have you got 300mm on the front and 280mm rears? That's what I've got, a lot of owners are using the 320mm focus st brakes on the front, from what I've read it makes a massive difference but you will need 17 inch wheels

Yep thats the set up and im on 17", guess ill just live with em

No its not you. Ford brakes are not great compared to other makes, but you do get used to it.

When I drive my Father in Laws Seat, I normally start by trying to put my head through the window when I first use the brakes.

I know what you mean drove the missus Skoda today got a nasty lump on my head :-)

Yeah there not the best brakes i use to have a toyota surf import 4x4 before i bought the mondeo and to be honest they nothing compare to 4x4 :wacko:

This is what i drive for a living check the brakes on this :P

regards spike ;)

My tdci 130 2002 Ghia x's brakes seem to whistle/squeal when not being used after say 10 miles running... has anyone else had this issue? Probably a sticky caliper or warped disc although they all look like they have been replaced not too long ago...!

I find the brakes fine... Ive come from a Mercedes Vito van so farting backwards on an oil tanker seems more effective than those brakes... but a 306 before that and it wasnt much different from the mondeo.

Im happy with mine, but I improved my braking performace a little on the 306 with grooved, drilled discs... eBay shows plenty of options for the mondeos!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club