Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Tracking All Over The Road,

calp87

hi there

im looking to know if anyone is having the same issue, i have a i believe a mk9 fiesta zetecs its a 60 plate, i have lowered it but its had an issue of when driving it pulls to the left then right, it isn't a consistant to one side that it pulls, you can feel it in the steering wheel, i have never expereinced this with previous cars, i know that it can track on the white lines etc with the wider standard 17" wheels,

is this a common thing with the car or should i take it back to ford ?

thanks ffor any help anyone can give !

cal.

You have what the majority of people call a mk7.

No it's not normal, go get it checked out! You haven't said what you've lowered it on but anything other that 35mm Eibachs will void the warranty.

Probably stupid question, but after it was lowered did get a 4 wheel geometry done.

If so were the tracking, castor and camber settings adjusted correctly?

When you turn a corner does the steering wheel try to self centralise or do you have to do it completely manually?

With regard to warranty, completely agree with Nathan, if you have lowered, unless Ford have done it for you with the recommended kit you may well be struggling Callum...

yeah i know lowering springs will void this, it gets serviced, fixed under warrenty standard ;)

springs are H&R springs,

Agreed with above!

It sounds like its either not been geometry checked and adjusted, or its been done wrong.. Is it also possible the suspension components are the wrong ones for the car???

yeah i got it all tracked and it is all perfect, i have not got my toe or camber adjusted, it was all fine this issue never occured when first lowered, and yes it returns to centre when i forexample comes out of the corner, its just now and again it will jsut pull you to the left or maybe a few miles later to the right, i am not worried about warrenty etc, i will have car standard before they see the car,

do you say you take it off and put it back on for warranty/service work

Have you checked you tyres for uneven wear, are the inside edges worn?

Was the geometry done on a 4 wheel electronic system with a print out and was the difference in ride height allowed for?

How long has it been done?

Was it geometry checked when u put them back on?? if not you may find this is your problem...

the car was lowered withing the month of buying it, and no it was not done on 4 wheels, the tyres are perfecly fine, i am more than likely going to put the standard shocks and springs back on and see if the issue is still there, then if this is still the case i will take it to ford, i was just wanting to see if anyone has experinced this with them,

thanks for all the info !

good forum!