Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mats For Mk7

Jack7

Hey Guys, so had my mk7 a few weeks now & have still not got round to buying a set of car mats, any recommendations? :P

mmm i'd be interested to know peoples views in this too!

seen some in Halfords that look decent value for £10: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_796459_langId_-1_categoryId_165494

Scotty86 where did you get your genuine ford ones? :)

Get the genuine ones from your local dealer - as said £25-£30.

Cheers iNath ill pop into my local dealer sometimes this week :P

If you are going to get proper Ford mats and your car has thr cut out's in the drivers footwell for them these are a good idea to stop the mats slipping under the pedals - Fiesta ones of course - these may be too long/short.

Ford will stock them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-TAILORED-FORD-FOCUS-RS-MAT-FIXING-KIT-/330585723831?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cf871d3b7

Got genuine Ford ones, not too bad....

I got genuine Ford lookalikes off eBay. Cost just £15 for a set of four. They're a perfect fit and have the correct locking points.

There are 2 type of genuine Ford carpets. The cheaper ones last max 3 years. Its best to pay for the more expensive ones if you are keeping your car for longer

Make sure you get the velour mats..much better quality

Cheers for the replies!

Will I need to call up my local dealer to order them in or will they be likely to have them in stock? :)

I have a set of the genuine Ford mats and the drivers mat has two holes around the foot/heel area after only 20.000 miles :o . Worst set I have ever bought, might be worth looking at other brands.

Cheers for the replies!

Will I need to call up my local dealer to order them in or will they be likely to have them in stock? :)

They'll be stock items, usually have about 30-40 sets in at a time

Are the genuine Ford ones velour?? :huh:

I've done 5K in mine and theres heavy wear.....

Are the genuine Ford ones velour?? :huh:

I've done 5K in mine and theres heavy wear.....

Ford do 2 types, standard or velour.

I stick with the standard rubber ones as they're easy to keep clean and don't block the pedals as i've used the proper fixing kit to hold them in place.

Did use Halfords cut to fit ones previously but had trouble with them sliding forward under the pedals and as they were quite thick i felt they were a bit too much of a risk.

Ford do 2 types, standard or velour.

Judging by looks mine ain't velour lol

They only put the Velour mats in the Titanium and Zetec (not too sure about the Zetec though)

Although I don't think the factory put the mats in the car, I think the dealer does it which then of course depends if they follow what ford say or just put either type of mats in the cars

Fords do 2 types or it might be 3 as you can get rubber mats as well i think.

You can get the high quality Velour mats that are very smooth or a rougher carpet mat which is of lower quality.

I always get the geniune mats , just easier i suppose as I jnow they will fit exact.

I recently got some front Velour mats for my focus from fords for £12, great price but thats because i used my fords privledge! :)

I always get the geniune mats , just easier i suppose as I jnow they will fit exact.

I always buy my car mats from eBay (velour, tailored) and they are always an exact fit. I just go with the supplier that's cheapest each time and have never had a problem. Generally around a 1/4 of the retail price from a dealer.

No way im buying from the dealer, £44 for the front set & £33 for the back!! & £29 for the front rubber ones.

Its a shame cuz id like the genuine fiesta ones bit im not spending £77 on it lol

I went for the ford rubber ones. Nice and grippy plus they have a raised area around making them into a tray so they keeps any grit etc in the mat and not on the factpry carpet. Will be a good match to the boot liner when i get that as well. Look much better than the ones you see in Halfords etc

I went for the ford rubber ones. Nice and grippy plus they have a raised area around making them into a tray so they keeps any grit etc in the mat and not on the factpry carpet. Will be a good match to the boot liner when i get that as well. Look much better than the ones you see in halfords etc

If it was a set of 4 for £29 itd be good but its only the front 2 you get for it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club