• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Gavin
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec
  • Year: 2000

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

trust me the hatch leads to the tail light fittings mate fixed quite a few

I'm just judging by the bottom bolt with the plastic nut at the back which is behind the trim in the boot. Do the top screw and locating lug lead into that hatch? Do you mean you've fixed quite a few with this problem? What did you use? Any help would be much appreciated.

#33 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,986 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

the only way to sort this issue is to seal the lot in one go the boot interior will need to be stripped out all plastic trims under the light location internally the best stuff to use is marine sealant used on ships ebay sell it

#34 PAPUMA

PAPUMA

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: FIESTA ZETEC S
  • Year: 2013

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

Well, i have finally fixed the leaking issue.   I undid the top screws on the bumper, so i could push it down. I cleaned out all the gunk from in there and noticed on the right side that there was a small hole in the bodywork. It was on the corner where the metal folds around.  I filled this hole with sealent and put more sealent on the top gap where the bumper meets the body.  If you look at the very first post on this thread its where the arrow is on the pic but i sealed right into the corner. I then put the screws back on.   Left it for a day then washed the car, purposly aiming the hose in the area that i had sealed.   Opened the boot and it bone dry inside.    That was three weeks or so ago and its still dry in there.  Sealent is working as i notice that water pools on top of the bumper now.  

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users