Samwell

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Name: Sam
  • Ford Model: Mondeo TDCi 130
  • Year: 2002

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:40 AM

Hello all

Ive got to first say hi and glad to be here!

Ive had a million issues with a Merc Vito van Ive recently had so had to buy a car quick and luckily found a Mondeo TDCi 130 2002 Ghia X locally at a very good price! (mileage at 102k as well, Im fairly chuffed with that).

Ive had a fiesta before (but back in 1994 when central locking was a luxury). My girlfriend has a Focus 2002 and Ive got to grips with her central locking... but I cant work mine out...

I THOUGHT pressing the button once meant its lock and the indicators flash once... but they dont... only if you do it twice. Is this the same as everyone else? Twice I beleive is dead locking and the manual confirms BUT does it also include the alarm? Which also, by the way, I dont get... how effective are mondeo alarms? I cant even tell mines switched on, Im used to hearing a loud beep and sort of prefer that!

Anyway... First question and introduction. Hopefully I can provide some good input on this forum, I had many years experience working with diesel engines and mechanics (although Im far from a mechanic myself!)

Regards

Sam

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 pragmatix

pragmatix

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 534 posts
  • Name: Pete
  • Ford Model: Mondea 2Ltr Tdci Titianium Estate
  • Year: 2008

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hi and welcome, as you have found out it requires 2 clicks to dead lock and alarm, as to how good the alarm is well i dont think any car alarm is effective, most get ignored so whats the point

#3 mondeotdcichris

mondeotdcichris

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Name: christopher
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci
  • Year: 2004

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

hi I got a Mondeo tdci 2004 it does require to presses and is followed by 2 flashes which puts on deadlock and alarm, my alarm has been effective and works OK lake yo would expect for an alarm, I found out my alarm works OK cos I armed the car and by accident I left the window open, and soon as I walked past the car a few mins later the alarm went off so they are fairly sensitive.

#4 Samwell

Samwell

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Name: Sam
  • Ford Model: Mondeo TDCi 130
  • Year: 2002

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

Hi Pete, Hi Chris.

thanks for your replys! Very good to know. On my previous car, 306, the deadlocking process was the same... now that I know it ALSO activates the alarm Ill be certain to use it :)

Much appreciated guys

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users