#1 GDO2012

GDO2012

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Glenn
  • Ford Model: FIESTA
  • Year: 1997

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

Hello all, I have an R reg Fiesta, and the heating has packed up. The fans only blow cold air, and at this time of the year its warmer with the fans off!!! Any suggestions? Already topped up the radiator.... Thanks, Glenn

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Danny87

Danny87

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Freestyle 1.25 Zetec 5-door
  • Year: 2001

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:56 AM

Hi Glenn,

Recently had the same issue with my car and it was the heater control valve, they're easy to replace and can be bought on eBay for about £15. These are a popular failure point resulting in the loss of adjustment of the heating - they usually blow either hot or cold and you aren't able to adjust it.

Another thing worth checking would be for any air locks in the coolant system, however I wouldn't think this is likely as the engine would probably be overheating as well.

It could also be the a blown heater motor, again these are easy enough to replace and can be bought relatively cheap on eBay.

Hope that helps a little bit,

Dan

#3 pgm2010

pgm2010

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus ST260
  • Year: 2006

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

There are two things that are very common on those, first the heater valve as the previous poster said, found on the bulkhead under the bonnet, set the heater control half way round and you should feel a click when you touch the valve as it swithes from hot to cold and back again. the other really common thing is the heater facia panel itself, easy to replace, remove radio & there are a couple of screws, disconnect the cables & multiplug, job done. :)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users