Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need One New Tyre - Advice

fletchie

Hi,

Car recently passed its first MOT a couple of weeks ago. The dealer advised me I would shortly need a new front drivers side tyre. The rest of the tyres have plenty of tread apparently. When I bought the car, the dealer swapped the drivers side rear with the front to give me afew more months of driving so I did expect to be told it needed replacing. I thought I'd mention this in case anybody thinks it is due to my style of driving that has caused the uneven wear!

I guess my question is - should I go for a part worn or new? My logic was hopefully by the next time I need tyres, it will be both sides. Is there any truth that you should replace both sides at the same time or can I go for new on the drivers side only?

Many thanks

It is always better to replace in pairs where you can. Shop around and try the online tyre places too as there are some good deals out there.

I would recommend against part worn tyres. You don't know how they have been treated.

Unless your rear tyres are very new, it's better to put the pair of new tyres on the back and move the current back tyres to the front. Whoever you get your new tyres from will be happy to do this for you.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the most common causes of uneven where is normally incorrect tyre pressures, so i would check those just to stop it happening again, another this is the cars wheel alinement, if that is out the tyre wear can be uneven to

It is good practice to replace tyres in pairs just because it means you have even tread so the car will behave more predictably

I would also recommend against part worn tyres, its not worth the risk cause as rojarriggs has said you can never know how well they have been looked after or if they are even in good condition

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club