Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Side Light Change

ou.nikki

Hi

I've been trying to change the bulb in my side light (drivers side, focus estate 2000) it said twist it clockwise and pull, simple or so I thought, my son looked at it and found he could twist it ever which way and it still wouldn't come out.

I then found 2 little clips on the side compressed those and still can't pull it out, obviously I do not want to pull to hard and break it, especially as my MOT is due.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Nikki.

If ford ever look at these boards how about leaving some room for people to e able to sensibly get their hands in to change a bulb!!!

Hi

I've been trying to change the bulb in my side light (drivers side, focus estate 2000) it said twist it clockwise and pull, simple or so I thought, my son looked at it and found he could twist it ever which way and it still wouldn't come out.

I then found 2 little clips on the side compressed those and still can't pull it out, obviously I do not want to pull to hard and break it, especially as my MOT is due.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Nikki.

If ford ever look at these boards how about leaving some room for people to e able to sensibly get their hands in to change a bulb!!!

press the two clips and pull hard should come out

Thanks Dez but no joy, who would ever think it would be so hard to replace a side light bulb, not alot of room for manouvre with your hands either and I can't get my long nosed pliers in, think I will just have to get the garage to do it.

Many thanks

Nikki

P.S. Love you dog :wub:

I think Halfords would be able to do it too, mind it depends whether you want the bulb replaced before the MOT is due. It's probably best to wait until the garage have it, if it's a couple of bulbs, fuses or clips they don't usually charge anything extra apart from the cost of parts.

Dan :)

I wouldnt waste my time taking it to Halfords 9/10 times they dont know what they are doing any more than you do. I paid for the "fit your bulb" service to my Focus, I ended up fitting it while the guys where stood there scratching there heads... they took my money and im the one who fitted it!

Save yourself the hassle, besides I dont believe they are insured to undertake work such as this, so any damage caused by them wouldnt be seen as their due responsibility, and you will be left with the bill...

I'd be inclined to agree but some people have had success taking their vehicle to Halfords for simple things like this. It's funny because my sister and her boyfriend both work at Halfords and they attended a training course to fit bulbs and replace windscreen wipers. Now they both think they're 'master mechanics' and try telling me things. I'm fully trained to NVQ3 and I have the experience to match, and both of them insult my inteligence when it comes to cars.

I asked for a socket and I decided to buy an impact socket. Sister's boyfriend who was working that day "That's a black one, that means it's an impact socket. You know those air guns, Dan?" .. Oh and there's the time when I went in to get some brake/clutch fluid- "Are you sure you have a hydraulic clutch, Dan?" I'm sure it's not intentional but even with staff/trade discount I still find Halfords expensive and I can save money myself through eBay or whatever.

This isn't to say they're bad full stop, I was just trying to help out the OP in case they hadn't thought of Halfords and wished to go down that route.

Dan :)

lol agreed indeed... I tend to where possible use eurocarparts, very reasonable price and products...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club