Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Consumption

Bex2388

Hi All,

Am new to this Forum. Thought i would join as had a few problems with my Ka. (03 plate, 49k)

What is the fuel consumption like on your Ka's? Most of my driving is urban, i dont thrash it and i drive to the speed limit (mostly) however i can never seem to get more that 240 miles to a full tank. (260 at a major push)

Is this normal? When i bought the car i took it back to the garage and they couldnt find a problem however they say 240 isnt really a lot. They said it may be 'running rich' and need the electrics resetting again.

any one else had this problem??

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Am new to this Forum. Thought i would join as had a few problems with my Ka. (03 plate, 49k)

What is the fuel consumption like on your Ka's? Most of my driving is urban, i dont thrash it and i drive to the speed limit (mostly) however i can never seem to get more that 240 miles to a full tank. (260 at a major push)

Is this normal? When i bought the car i took it back to the garage and they couldnt find a problem however they say 240 isnt really a lot. They said it may be 'running rich' and need the electrics resetting again.

thanks

That's terrible! There's something wrong with your Ka.

We're on our third Ka--my other half loves them and she now has a Sportka.

She only drives a few miles to work but to keep the engine satisfied we sometimes use it at the weekends.

Anyway, her last Ka averaged around 38 mpg but on a run we could get 40-45 mpg.

It does all depend how you drive it though--do you do enough miles for the engine to get warm?

Hi All,

thanks

Ka Car vary depending on engine size like the 1.6cc engine, I drive one my girlfriends car they are low geared, so you are not going to get high mileage to the gallon/litre out of this sports model, most cars you cannot drive at 30mph in top gear without it shuddering, so this one is not rely designed for long distance !!. Look on page 153 of Ka Owner's Guide here are 5 different variations engine size varying from four 1.3s Varying from Urban 31.7 to 34.9 mpg to Non-Urban 55.4 to 61.4mpg and 1.6cc Urban 27.2 Non-Urban 47.1mpg. Note if you have a Streetka Sport/Convertible and find that with the soft top in the closed position, you cannot open the boot with pressing your key fob, you have to open both compartments inside the car to get in the boot, you should hear a funny bleep just before you start the engine its not very loud, the problem is that whilst the soft top hood is in the closed position you have pressed the button by accident that opens the hatch behind the seats that takes the soft top when in the open position, so the latch that keeps it shut has bean released, so re latch it down (you may have to undo the soft top from the window and lift the back end up to let the cover go up before you latch it back down) and ha presto the boot will open with the key fob again.

We're not doing too badly with the Sportka at the moment--on the only run it's done so far I've had 37 mpg which is pretty good considering I was averaging 60-70 mph.

As I said in my last post it's Janet's car so it doesn't get the use that my Fiesta gets but I'm still hopeful of slightly better economy as the engine gets looser.

Currently it's only done 800 miles but it's such good fun to drive and it sticks to the road like the proverbial to a blanket and in panther black really looks the business too.

No wonder it's a race in the morning to get the keys for it--only problem is the other half's a bit possessive of it and I only get to drive it when it wants petrol which is a bit more often than its little sister did!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club