Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,147 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

On the right hand side of the boot compartment on the Mk2.5 Focus and possibly the mk2 also,
their is an orange plug which is a positive feed for a 12v power socket,

the only additional items required to connect is a earth cable and a 12v socket,

attach a female spade connector to the earth feed and push it in to the slot next to the positive feed,

then push the orange connector on to the rear of the 12v power socket,

finally choose a location on the panel you would like to mount the socket and drill the hole.

their is power already being fed to the orange plug so their is no further wiring required.

I Purchased Ford 12v Power supply kit Finis Code: 1021887 this kit has since been discontinued by ford,
but if you wish to purchase the 12v Socket with out the earth cable the Finis code is:1333905 and costs less than £5
once you have that part you just need to make up an earth feed using a female spade connector and a ring terminal on the oposite end.

it contained the 12v plug and cap
4metres of positive cable which i didnt need to use for fitting,
1 metre earth cable with female blade connector and ring terminal attached,
and 8 cable ties which i didnt need to use.

but this orange plug will work with any 12v socket that has 2 pins on the rear like this one found on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27ba8d09b7

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
I have crimped a ring terminal on to the opposite end of the earth feed cable,
and put it on to the screw that holds the panel in place like a washer then screwed the panel back in to place,

i now need to purchase a holesaw bit to fit the diameter of the 12v socket.
Posted Image

When finished
and the panels are back in place,

take care to ensure the rubber boot seal over laps the plastic interior around the boot opening, to avoid any leaks.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

Nice find Lenny on the live :)

#3 irl-06lx

irl-06lx

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: LX
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

brilliant, will be great for charging the VHF

#4 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,147 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Nice find Lenny on the live :)

brilliant, will be great for charging the VHF

Thanks for the comments guys,
the positive feed would also be useful for anyone who planned to fit a sub in the boot, this cable would save them over an hour fishing a live feed from the battery all they way through the firewall and interior to the boot.

the focus is full of secrets :D
footwell lights, ST Pod markings under the dash, secret diagnostic menu, and now this additional 12v socket in the boot,
the car just keeps on giving :lol:

#5 Steven33

Steven33

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

Hi mate,

been a long time admirer of your guides for the mk2.5 focus but never posted anything because up until last week I only ever had the mk1.5. But finally got my mk2.5 zetec last friday. Only thing I have done so far is order mud flaps :rolleyes: but I am keen to put an additional power socket in the boot to power a cool box rather than messily have it connected to the power socket in the arm rest. Do you mind if I ask though how much you paid for the power socket kit from ford? I tried looking up the finis code you mentioned and the only site I could find where it gave me prices stated £73! Thought this was a tad steep but thought I'd check before I embarrass myself at the parts desk! Thanks, Steve

#6 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,147 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

Hi mate,

been a long time admirer of your guides for the mk2.5 focus but never posted anything because up until last week I only ever had the mk1.5. But finally got my mk2.5 zetec last friday. Only thing I have done so far is order mud flaps :rolleyes: but I am keen to put an additional power socket in the boot to power a cool box rather than messily have it connected to the power socket in the arm rest. Do you mind if I ask though how much you paid for the power socket kit from ford? I tried looking up the finis code you mentioned and the only site I could find where it gave me prices stated £73! Thought this was a tad steep but thought I'd check before I embarrass myself at the parts desk! Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve,
first of all id like to say thank you for your kind comments and im very happy that you have found my guides usefull, if you require any further information on any of them you can contact me anytime, through the forum or via the email address that is printed on the PDF versions of the guides.

the 12v socket kit from ford is no longer sold mate,
ford have stopped selling this kit and i purchased mine for £20 via an ebay auction,
but dont worry as this modification is still very much possible,

Dave at autostar is selling an excellent kit that is better than the ford one and alot cheaper,
my guide above will cover the fitting of the auto star kit too mate,

here is a link to the kit on autostar and if you want to you can tell dave i recommended you to his listings.
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a06cd8ee3

scroll down the listing for further images of the kit,
and you wont need to use the positive feed that comes supplied with the kit because you already have a fused positive feed in the boot, so you just need to use the negative feed from the kit and the 12volt socket,

will take you 45 minutes at the most to fit this kit mate.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,
Leonard Woods

#7 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,326 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

I bought one of these as it saves cutting holes in the trim, i'll just need to screw the socket under the trim beside the courtesy lamp and maybe a small hole with a grommet for the cables. :)
Will be happy when it arrives though, been 2 weeks as they reckon the stock hasn't arrived yet - really they shouldn't sell them if they don't have the stock ready. :angry:

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

#8 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,147 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

I bought one of these as it saves cutting holes in the trim, i'll just need to screw the socket under the trim beside the courtesy lamp and maybe a small hole with a grommet for the cables. :)
Will be happy when it arrives though, been 2 weeks as they reckon the stock hasn't arrived yet - really they shouldn't sell them if they don't have the stock ready. :angry:

If that seller is slow to supply the goods mate,
id request a full refund and purchase from autostar,

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a0793e52a

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a0d77a1b5

#9 swinman

swinman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Ian
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6tdci lx
  • Year: 2007

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hi Steven33, I can also recommend the kit from autostar that lenny has shown you the link for. I don't live far away from autostar, so a quick phone call to check on stock went over & picked the kit up, Dave was very helpful & I mentioned Lenny's name & the forum & got a few pence knocked off the price as well LOL. Cheers Swinman.

#10 Steven33

Steven33

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hi Lenny,

Not a problem, your guides really are inspirational! :D Thanks for your kind offer, I will be sure to email or post if I have any questions, your help will be much appreciated!

As soon as I take delivery of the mud flaps and get them fitted I will go ahead and order a socket from Dave at autostar. Thanks for the link, that looks like a useful ebay shop and I'll be sure to have a browse through to see what other bits and pieces there are.

One quick question just now, the power supply already in the rear is definitely fused? Hope you don't mind me asking, just don't want to melt my new car! :wacko: What fuse in the fuse box is it? Sorry if these are really obvious questions, I haven't even took the boot trim off yet to have a look or updated from my old focus haynes manual to a new one yet.

Thanks again for your help and I look forward to letting you know how I get on with the mod (after I take my brave pills!)

Cheers,
Steve

#11 rokos

rokos

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: FOCUS MK2 TDCI 1.6 CVT

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

The right finis code is 1333905 and the price is about 6 pounds, friendly..

#12 rokos

rokos

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

On the right hand side of the boot compartment on the Mk2.5 Focus and possibly the mk2 also,
their is an orange plug which is a positive feed for a 12v power socket,

the only additional items required to connect is a earth cable and a 12v socket,

attach a female spade connector to the earth feed and push it in to the slot next to the positive feed,

then push the orange connector on to the rear of the 12v power socket,

finally choose a location on the panel you would like to mount the socket and drill the hole.

their is power already being fed to the orange plug so their is no further wiring required.

I Purchased Ford 12v Power supply kit Finis Code: 1021887
it contained the 12v plug and cap
4metres of positive cable which i didnt need to use for fitting,
1 metre earth cable with female blade connector and ring terminal attached,
and 8 cable ties which i didnt need to use.

but this orange plug will work with any 12v socket that has 2 pins on the rear like this one found on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27ba8d09b7

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
I have crimped a ring terminal on to the opposite end of the earth feed cable,
and put it on to the screw that holds the panel in place like a washer then screwed the panel back in to place,

i now need to purchase a holesaw bit to fit the diameter of the 12v socket.
Posted Image

When finished
and the panels are back in place,

take care to ensure the rubber boot seal over laps the plastic interior around the boot opening, to avoid any leaks.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

finis code is 1333905

#13 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,147 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

finis code is 1333905

Thanks mate,
i have added this Finis code to the guide.

is this finis for the 12v socet only or the socket with fitting kit?

also if this is for the socket only, is it the socket with or without the attached rubber cap on it?

thanks for your help.

#14 rokos

rokos

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

its complete socket

http://ffclub.ru/topic/28437/

#15 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,147 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

its complete socket

http://ffclub.ru/topic/28437/

good find mate,
thanks very much B)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users