Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Additional 12V Power Socket In Boot Focus Mk2.5

Lenny

This Guide is now available to download in PDF format,

see link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/62842-guide-fitting-12v-socket-boot-focus-mk2-mk25-2005-2011-pdf/

On the right hand side of the boot compartment on the Mk2.5 Focus and possibly the mk2 also,
their is an orange plug which is a positive feed for a 12v power socket,

the only additional items required to connect is a earth cable and a 12v socket,

attach a female spade connector to the earth feed and push it in to the slot next to the positive feed,

then push the orange connector on to the rear of the 12v power socket,

finally choose a location on the panel you would like to mount the socket and drill the hole.

their is power already being fed to the orange plug so their is no further wiring required.

I Purchased Ford 12v Power supply kit Finis Code: 1021887 this kit has since been discontinued by ford,
but if you wish to purchase the 12v Socket with out the earth cable the Finis code is:1333905 and costs less than £5
once you have that part you just need to make up an earth feed using a female spade connector and a ring terminal on the oposite end.

it contained the 12v plug and cap
4metres of positive cable which i didnt need to use for fitting,
1 metre earth cable with female blade connector and ring terminal attached,
and 8 cable ties which i didnt need to use.

but this orange plug will work with any 12v socket that has 2 pins on the rear like this one found on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-FORD-GENUINE-12V-Auxiliary-Additional-Power-Socket-MONDEO-FOCUS-C-MAX-KUGA-/161049412044?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord&hash=item257f4b01cc

Image0997.jpg

Image0975.jpg
Image14485.jpg

Image1471.jpg
I have crimped a ring terminal on to the opposite end of the earth feed cable,
and put it on to the screw that holds the panel in place like a washer then screwed the panel back in to place,

i now need to purchase a holesaw bit to fit the diameter of the 12v socket.
BootLightFitting9.jpg

When finished
and the panels are back in place,

take care to ensure the rubber boot seal over laps the plastic interior around the boot opening, to avoid any leaks.

Image0988.jpg
Image0989.jpg

Image0990-1.jpg

Image1493.jpgImage1494.jpg

• Like 3

Nice find Lenny on the live :)

brilliant, will be great for charging the VHF

Thanks for the comments guys,

the positive feed would also be useful for anyone who planned to fit a sub in the boot, this cable would save them over an hour fishing a live feed from the battery all they way through the firewall and interior to the boot.

the focus is full of secrets :D

footwell lights, ST Pod markings under the dash, secret diagnostic menu, and now this additional 12v socket in the boot,

the car just keeps on giving :lol:

• 2 months later...

Hi mate,

been a long time admirer of your guides for the mk2.5 focus but never posted anything because up until last week I only ever had the mk1.5. But finally got my mk2.5 zetec last friday. Only thing I have done so far is order mud flaps :rolleyes: but I am keen to put an additional power socket in the boot to power a cool box rather than messily have it connected to the power socket in the arm rest. Do you mind if I ask though how much you paid for the power socket kit from ford? I tried looking up the finis code you mentioned and the only site I could find where it gave me prices stated £73! Thought this was a tad steep but thought I'd check before I embarrass myself at the parts desk! Thanks, Steve

I bought one of these as it saves cutting holes in the trim, i'll just need to screw the socket under the trim beside the courtesy lamp and maybe a small hole with a grommet for the cables. :)

Will be happy when it arrives though, been 2 weeks as they reckon the stock hasn't arrived yet - really they shouldn't sell them if they don't have the stock ready. :angry:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300682609859?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I bought one of these as it saves cutting holes in the trim, i'll just need to screw the socket under the trim beside the courtesy lamp and maybe a small hole with a grommet for the cables. :)

Will be happy when it arrives though, been 2 weeks as they reckon the stock hasn't arrived yet - really they shouldn't sell them if they don't have the stock ready. :angry:

If that seller is slow to supply the goods mate,

id request a full refund and purchase from autostar,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-Waterproof-Accessory-Cigarette-Power-Socket-L-MOUNT-/180515759402?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0793e52a

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-Waterproof-Accessory-Cigarette-Power-Socket-15AMP-D-/180614570421?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item2a0d77a1b5

Hi Steven33, I can also recommend the kit from autostar that lenny has shown you the link for. I don't live far away from autostar, so a quick phone call to check on stock went over & picked the kit up, Dave was very helpful & I mentioned Lenny's name & the forum & got a few pence knocked off the price as well LOL. Cheers Swinman.

Hi Lenny,

Not a problem, your guides really are inspirational! :D Thanks for your kind offer, I will be sure to email or post if I have any questions, your help will be much appreciated!

As soon as I take delivery of the mud flaps and get them fitted I will go ahead and order a socket from Dave at autostar. Thanks for the link, that looks like a useful eBay shop and I'll be sure to have a browse through to see what other bits and pieces there are.

One quick question just now, the power supply already in the rear is definitely fused? Hope you don't mind me asking, just don't want to melt my new car! :wacko: What fuse in the fuse box is it? Sorry if these are really obvious questions, I haven't even took the boot trim off yet to have a look or updated from my old focus haynes manual to a new one yet.

Thanks again for your help and I look forward to letting you know how I get on with the mod (after I take my brave pills!)

Cheers,

Steve

The right finis code is 1333905 and the price is about 6 pounds, friendly..

On the right hand side of the boot compartment on the Mk2.5 Focus and possibly the mk2 also,

their is an orange plug which is a positive feed for a 12v power socket,

the only additional items required to connect is a earth cable and a 12v socket,

attach a female spade connector to the earth feed and push it in to the slot next to the positive feed,

then push the orange connector on to the rear of the 12v power socket,

finally choose a location on the panel you would like to mount the socket and drill the hole.

their is power already being fed to the orange plug so their is no further wiring required.

I Purchased Ford 12v Power supply kit Finis Code: 1021887

it contained the 12v plug and cap

4metres of positive cable which i didnt need to use for fitting,

1 metre earth cable with female blade connector and ring terminal attached,

and 8 cable ties which i didnt need to use.

but this orange plug will work with any 12v socket that has 2 pins on the rear like this one found on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27ba8d09b7

Image0997.jpg

Image0975.jpg

Image14485.jpg

Image1471.jpg

I have crimped a ring terminal on to the opposite end of the earth feed cable,

and put it on to the screw that holds the panel in place like a washer then screwed the panel back in to place,

i now need to purchase a holesaw bit to fit the diameter of the 12v socket.

BootLightFitting9.jpg

When finished

and the panels are back in place,

take care to ensure the rubber boot seal over laps the plastic interior around the boot opening, to avoid any leaks.

Image0988.jpg

Image0989.jpg

Image0990-1.jpg

Image1493.jpgImage1494.jpg

finis code is 1333905

On 4/19/2012 at 3:57 PM, rokos said:

finis code is 1333905

Thanks mate,

i have added this Finis code to the guide.

is this finis for the 12v socket only or the socket with fitting kit?

also if this is for the socket only, is it the socket with or without the attached rubber cap on it?

thanks for your help.

nothing.

I have Ford Microcat 9/11(prices in EURO). Very usefull software for Ford owners.

When i opened mine had 3 extra sockets near the 12V socket. I Think is for CD Changer or GPS...

Any idea what are they?

nothing.

I have Ford Microcat 9/11(prices in EURO). Very usefull software for Ford owners.

very usefull i have it too but im not that advanced on using it yet mate :lol:

When i opened mine had 3 extra sockets near the 12V socket. I Think is for CD Changer or GPS...

Any idea what are they?

:o

any pictures mate?

i cant think of anything that these could be for,

Recieved my socket-

24042012369.jpg

I assume i'll have to chop the connector off the red cable to change it to a male connector?

Also where is the best place to run the earth connection to?

The socket is rated to 15A so am i right that i'll need a lengh of 15A cable to run the earth?

Recieved my socket-

24042012369.jpg

I assume i'll have to chop the connector off the red cable to change it to a male connector?

Also where is the best place to run the earth connection to?

The socket is rated to 15A so am i right that i'll need a lengh of 15A cable to run the earth?

Nice one mate,

it finally arrived,

you would need to change the positive to a male spade connector and extend the earth feed with 15amp cable around 12 inches of cable, then crimp a ring connector to the end and fit it to the inside of the panel screw like a washer and when yo screw the boot panel back in to place,

the earth cable will be earhted with the screw due to the ring terminal bridging the contact,

thats the way i fitted mine to the earth.

You are a true star. ;)

Cheers buddy.

Will have to wait until later this week to do the job though as i'm out on the sauce tonight for my B-day.

I'll tip a couple for you. :)

You are a true star. ;)

Cheers buddy.

Will have to wait until later this week to do the job though as i'm out on the sauce tonight for my B-day.

I'll tip a couple for you. :)

Happy Birthday mate,

i havent had a drink since december :rolleyes: hav a good one.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally fitted the socket.

Easy job, hardest part was working out where to put it.

Being belt and braces i've added a 15A inline blade fuse to the live cable just in case of surges.

DSC_0033.jpg

I have the habit of blowing fuses when fiddling with the car so thought it prudent to fit an extra one.

Surprisingly i found something useful at Halfords - LED fuses, if they blow a small LED lights up on them as a visual indicator.

Anyone else seen/used them before?

Finally fitted the socket.

Easy job, hardest part was working out where to put it.

Being belt and braces i've added a 15A inline blade fuse to the live cable just in case of surges.

I have the habit of blowing fuses when fiddling with the car so thought it prudent to fit an extra one.

Surprisingly i found something useful at Halfords - LED fuses, if they blow a small LED lights up on them as a visual indicator.

Anyone else seen/used them before?

Nice job mate,

never saw the led fuse holders before mate sounds good.