Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Additional 12V Power Socket In Boot Focus Mk2.5

Lenny

It's one like this but clear so I can see the indicator LED if the fuse goes.

In Line standard waterproof Blade Fuse Holder fuses 30a 30amp kit car boat bike

http://bit.ly/zsxTRl

Fuse is like this one.

Tempted to replace all the ones in the footwell panel as far easier than pulling random fuses to find a blown one.

GLOWS WHEN IT BLOWS. 4X 15AMP STD BLADE FUSES WITH LED

http://bit.ly/K7LXNf

It's one like this but clear so I can see the indicator LED if the fuse goes.

In Line standard waterproof Blade Fuse Holder fuses 30a 30amp kit car boat bike

http://bit.ly/zsxTRl

Fuse is like this one.

Tempted to replace all the ones in the footwell panel as far easier than pulling random fuses to find a blown one.

GLOWS WHEN IT BLOWS. 4X 15AMP STD BLADE FUSES WITH LED

http://bit.ly/K7LXNf

good idea mate,

and not a bad price for four of them,

you would probably do the whole fuse board for less than £25 and still have loads of spare fuses,

just dont forget to write doen your stereo code before you start, and ensure they are the mini type fuses to fit the fuse board mate.

good idea mate,

and not a bad price for four of them,

you would probably do the whole fuse board for less than £25 and still have loads of spare fuses,

just dont forget to write doen your stereo code before you start, and ensure they are the mini type fuses to fit the fuse board mate.

Don't worry, I have my code safely stored.

These fuses would certainly make finding a blown one less of a lucky dip.

Makes you wonder why car manufacturers don't do this as standard.

Just realised how stupid that last statement is!

Ford would never do something so sensible.

Don't worry, I have my code safely stored.

These fuses would certainly make finding a blown one less of a lucky dip.

Makes you wonder why car manufacturers don't do this as standard.

Just realised how stupid that last statement is!

Ford would never do something so sensible.

lol very true mate, all of that is very true but they dont even suppy mud flaps on their cars as standard so they dont care about the maintanance of the thing they just want the inital £20,000 for the car after that its your baby. but i 100% agree with you mate they would be great and somthing i will add to my to do list.

You'll probably end up blowing all the fuses on purpose just so you can have a lighty up panel - knowing your penchant for lights. :P

You'll probably end up blowing all the fuses on purpose just so you can have a lighty up panel - knowing your penchant for lights. :P

not a bad idea lmao

what would be the easiest way to do it, without putting my hands on the battery :lol:

Shorting off the fuel pump live feed usually does a fair amount of damage. Not recommended or endorsed.

Could just throw a bucket of water over the fuse board;)

Shorting off the fuel pump live feed usually does a fair amount of damage. Not recommended or endorsed.

Could just throw a bucket of water over the fuse board;)

or instead of using a bucket, i could change the pollen filter myself

this would allow water on to the fuse board naturally. :lol:

and wouldnt effect the water shortage or get me in trouble for miss use

i managed to pop a few fuses by turning my multimeter to read amps and sticking them on light circuits :lol:

now i have hundreds of damned fuses!!! cant buy them seperate!!

• 1 month later...

Ford 12v Socket type with spring flap cover on top Finis:1712882

cost less than £5

I am not sure if this has been mentioned by others previously but on my estate focus there is a ford socket fitted on the right hand side of the boot area already. Exactly where the wire is you've connected your socket to so I wonder if the wiring is carried over from the estate to the hatch but not connected up?

I am not sure if this has been mentioned by others previously but on my estate focus there is a ford socket fitted on the right hand side of the boot area already. Exactly where the wire is you've connected your socket to so I wonder if the wiring is carried over from the estate to the hatch but not connected up?

Sounds logical, probably exactly the same loom for all cars of that range.

Sounds logical, probably exactly the same loom for all cars of that range.

yes ford are known for the ''one size fits all'' motto

thats why most models can activate cruise control and footwell lighting etc.

ford have one loom for the interior of the car and then a seperate one for the engine bay that they pop in to place depending on the engine but the interior loom is the same for the model regardless of spec all connections will be in place.

Apart from !Removed! footwell lights. :(

Lenny, do you remember the diameter of the hole bit you needed?

:)

Lenny, do you remember the diameter of the hole bit you needed?

:)

pretty sure it was 30mm mate but i drew around the 12v socket cap with a pen, then bored out the hole with a dremil and a cutting bit because i didnt have the required hole saw to drill it, but the results were the same so this may be an alternative for you too if you dont have the hole saw required.

here are links to a 30mm hole saw and arbor if required, but personally if you have a dremil id use it mate, not worth spending money on a hole saw that you will only use once.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30MM-HSS-BI-METAL-HOLESAW-/150833544480?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item231e613d20

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holesaw-Hex-Arbor-Fits-14mm-30mm-Hole-Saw-Arbor-/230509591384?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item35ab713b58

i bought a 52mm hole saw and arbor for the fitting of the gauges in the st pod and it was a big waste of money because i will never use it again lol but if you have a friend that could loan you a 30mm hole saw then you are on the pigs back pig.gif

Picture of the socket that came fitted to my Mk2.5 estate.

Z5.jpg

pretty sure it was 30mm mate but i drew around the 12v socket cap with a pen, then bored out the hole with a dremil and a cutting bit because i didnt have the required hole saw to drill it, but the results were the same so this may be an alternative for you too if you dont have the hole saw required.

here are links to a 30mm hole saw and arbor if required, but personally if you have a dremil id use it mate, not worth spending money on a hole saw that you will only use once.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item231e613d20

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35ab713b58

i bought a 52mm hole saw and arbor for the fitting of the gauges in the st pod and it was a big waste of money because i will never use it again lol but if you have a friend that could loan you a 30mm hole saw then you are on the pigs back pig.gif

Awesome, thanks.

I've found one (from dad's endless tool supply) and i've found the 28mm and 30mm ones both fit the lighter in, keeping it secure!

Now all i need is a connector for the earth - its in the post!!

I've been looking around for earth points, but can't see any screws in there? There's plenty of round holes and stuff. I'm thinking of just doing a nut and bolt through one of the holes and connecting it there?

I'M EXCITED!

I'll also try and do the wiring for the additional light, following your route, not Preee's at the same time. I'll tape the ends up until i find a bulb housing stuff. That won't cause a problem will it? As long as the + and - ends are both properly wrapped so don't conduct?

Cheers mate!

Run the earth to one of the screws you remove to release the boot trim.

Use a ring crimp connector on the screw between the trim and the car body.

I was thinking of doing that, but wasn't sure as surely itll fall if I ever need to remove the trim? And if I've sold the car or forgotten, it might not be put back!

After fitting the socket would there really be any reason to pull that trim again?

Fit the additioanl light the other side ;)

I dunno really, I take it not? i haven't yet had to change a bulb in the back lights so don't know how where etc :)

Well if you run the wiring for the extra boot light at the same time and pre-position it behind the left hand trim in preparation you'll be sorted.

Run the earth to one of the screws you remove to release the boot trim.

Use a ring crimp connector on the screw between the trim and the car body.

+1 on that Stoney,

and Gavin the cable will be fine tapped up until you can find a boot light housing,

id say try the 28mm then bore it out to 30 if you need to.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club