Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Name: Tato
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 Duratec Ti-VCT
  • Year: 2011

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

Oh, and I thought i'd add that I have had no problems at all with mine :) Very happy

Wait for a while :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

My car has done nearly 50,000 miles and is 2.5 years old. I have never had so much as a rattle. My only gripe is the number of dipped headlight bulbs I have gone through.

#33 akakray

akakray

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Wait for a while :)

Whats a warranty for again? I forget :mellow:

#34 Focus_ST-3

Focus_ST-3

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk2
Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

From my experience, build quality is shocking. Whether that be the car's structure, interior, alloy wheels, mechanical parts, sound system etc. I had a problem with all of these areas during my three years of ownership.

My car has done nearly 50,000 miles and is 2.5 years old. I have never had so much as a rattle. My only gripe is the number of dipped headlight bulbs I have gone through.

Dan, there is a service bulliten for the early build models like ours which rectifies this fault.

#35 JamesZS

JamesZS

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
  • Year: 2009

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

Interesting you say this, as when i picked mine up there was a bulb out (only noticed half way home) which ford sorted out by picking up the car and also fixing other things they had not touched which i had mentioned... now the other light has gone maybe 1 month afterwards....

I have bought another set of improved headlights and see if they last longer.

#36 kevin lancelott

kevin lancelott

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Name: kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium X 1.6 tdci
  • Year: 2013

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

I had no problems with mine for the two and a half years I have had it so far. B)

#37 poshpawsfiesta

poshpawsfiesta

AKA PoshPawsRenaultClio

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

my dads mk7 59 fiesta 1.4 tdci was 100% reliable, had a small squeak from the silver spedo rev counter surround.
my mums mk7 58 fiesta 1.25 has not ever had any squeaks still drives like brand new , but you have to really slam the boot to get it to regester its shut and 2 winters now the window washer had pack up then worked again.

#38 Cairnsy76

Cairnsy76

• Members via Twitter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Andrew
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6tdci (95)

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

I have a really annoying rattle that comes from the top of the drivers door panel. When I push against the panel or the door glass it stops. Anyone else have the same issue?

#39 PumpkinSteve

PumpkinSteve

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 287 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6 125ps

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

I have a massive rattle actually inside my bootlid, I think it's the wiring moving about inside. I was thinking of removing the bootlid trim and taping the wires down.

#40 jmbrown91

jmbrown91

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.0 EcoBoost

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

I've got a rattle in the drivers seatbelt column which is driving me insane, spoke to the Ford techs where I used to work and they were less than helpful..

will bring it up again at it's service though

#41 Dave-2912

Dave-2912

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Mk7.5 Fiesta ZS

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

My '59 plate ZS is the probably the worst car I have owned in terms of build quality. Don't get me wrong, its been very reliable (so it should be - its been well looked after mechanically speaking and only done 24000miles). But there are a few things which have left me slightly unimpressed...
- The side skirt has decided to partially un-glue itself from the car on the driver-side.
- The bonnet catch takes about 10 attempts to keep the bonnet locked down.
- The fuel filler cap is becomming more misaligned after every opening so it struggles to open/close.
- The operation of the bluetooth system is completely unpredictable.
- Rattles... I have a few which I try to drown out with music.

My Fiesta experience hasn't been terrible but its not one I will be repeating any time soon. I know I could take the car to the dealer for these things but I have been planning to get a new car for quite a while anyway - didn't seem worth taking time out of my day and being without a car for a while. I'm just trading it in anyway and the garage arent bothered about these kind of 'minor' issues. New car is due on the 15th of this month so i'll try to enjoy my last days of Fiesta ownership.

#42 Cairnsy76

Cairnsy76

• Members via Twitter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Andrew
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6tdci (95)

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

I have told dealer about rattle coming from drivers door and hope they fix it on Thursday when its in for service.
I'm cracking up its like !Removed! torture :-(

#43 Concabuu

Concabuu

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: C
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.4 [70] DI TC
  • Year: 2012

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

there used to be quite a noticeable electrical humming sound come from the centre console on my old 59 plate titanium, whenever the engine was turned off, took a good 5 minutes before it stopped. dont seem to have that problem in the new one; a 12 plate and the cabin noise is muffled so much noticeably and better when travelling on motorway, so much so to a fault, as i liked the reassuring sound of the diesel engines subtle 'tacking' sound when travelling.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users