• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BogStandard

BogStandard

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Ka
Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

Someone drove into my precious Ka last week, leaving the rear bumper broken and scratched, but more importantly, the side panel of the car has a nasty tear and a dent in it.

Am I right in thinking that replacing that panel would involve replacing the whole chassis?

Anyone had an experience of what insurance companies do in this situation? IE, would the repairers patch up the side or would they just write it off?

I'm dreading it being written off but I want a proper, decent job done on it so patching up wouldn't be ideal.

Your help is much appreciated.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 sublimemark

sublimemark

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: ka
Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:42 AM

Someone drove into my precious Ka last week, leaving the rear bumper broken and scratched, but more importantly, the side panel of the car has a nasty tear and a dent in it.

Am I right in thinking that replacing that panel would involve replacing the whole chassis?

Anyone had an experience of what insurance companies do in this situation? IE, would the repairers patch up the side or would they just write it off?

I'm dreading it being written off but I want a proper, decent job done on it so patching up wouldn't be ideal.

Your help is much appreciated.

i would think they will right it off! these ka,s seem to get wrote off very easy indeed!
you may be able to buy it back if they do and then get it repaird! :)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users