Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reppiz's Build Thread: Ford Focus Tdci 1.6 Zetec (Climate Pack)

reppiz

Thought I'd start a build thread on my new purchase listing it's life and what I update, faults, repairs and so on.

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCi Climate Pack 93,000 Metallic Grey.

Faults 1:

Gear Gaiter knackered.

Passenger Door panel ill fitting, subsequently door handle trim hanging off.

Parrot Hands free knobs missing.

No locking wheel nut supplied

Only x1 key

Fixes 1:

Gaiter: Repaired gaiter using a glue gun, stanley to trim off excess glue and bulldog clips to secure over night, fixed and is good as new.

Passenger Door panel: Took panel off and revealed that the plastic rivets were knackered, rang Ford and ordered replacements, part no:

F1257376 101074 CLIP @ £1.01 each. The door panel went straight back into place and subsequently the door handle fascia slotted back into place, job done.

Parrot CK3100: Knob broken. Managed to source a broken Parrot removed the face, carefully removed the buttons and its back in full working order.

Only 1x Key...Not fixed this yet but I understand it's around £200? :wacko:

No Locking Wheel Nut: Currently scouting!

Smoking horribly on purchase- WHITE SMOKE A PLENTY!!??? I thought this was indicative of petrol??? :angry: Have since filled up with diesel and Redex and I haven't seen any smoke since and feels much smoother.

Engine warning light on for a day shortly after the above but cleared now?? Clueless :unsure:

So that's the story so far. No images yet as it hasn't stopped raining since I bought her, its been raining, dark and miserable.. But, come the first bit of sunshine the Megs and Claybar are coming out and I'll get a few photos.

Coming next:

H7 bulbs upgraded to Xtreme vision or whatever seems to carry the best recommendation.

Light tints all round.

Update on key and locking nut

Update 1: 25/1/12

License plate near side bolt jammed, planning to remove ASAP.

*Update 29/1/12 license plate threaded screw ....removed (cheers dad!!)

29/1/12: Numberplate surrounds fitted- I always add them- OCD!

30/1/12

Turbo blew, picked up by AA :(

2/2/12

Courtesy vehicle arranged, awaiting verdict/ repairs.

2-11/2/12

Vast amounts of snow and -12 weather so I doubt I would have been enjoying driving all that much anyway! The turbo was apparently screwed and was the original part, it looks to be going in next Tues for a new turbo and then being run for a while.

14/2/12

Car back and turbo changed.

17/2/12

Tried to park today and the steering stiffened up completely, no idea what to make of this? No warning lights though.

17/2/12

Turbo making similar 'noise' to how it sounded when it died...Seems to be operating fine but I can hear a hairdryer sound

18/2/12

Car won't start, isn't turning over AA call out

19/2/12

Alternator failure, battery failure..Vehicle has been returned to dealer..Watch this space..

Cheers, just waiting for a bit of decent daylight to get some photos!