• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Name: michael
  • Ford Model: focus 2.0 tdci zetec s
  • Year: 2010

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hello all,

I am new to the Ford Owners Club (despite owning Fords for the past 11 years) so I am not certain if I am posting this is the right place.

I am looking for some advice with regards to upping the performance of my 2010 Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S which I will be taking delivery of next week.

It is my intention to get the car re-mapped but before I do was wondering if there are any good mods to make prior to the map. I was thinking of getting an induction kit and an exhaust similar to the ST.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to specific manufacturers / parts which will provide the biggest gains?

Many thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,446 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hello all,

I am new to the Ford Owners Club (despite owning Fords for the past 11 years) so I am not certain if I am posting this is the right place.

I am looking for some advice with regards to upping the performance of my 2010 Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S which I will be taking delivery of next week.

It is my intention to get the car re-mapped but before I do was wondering if there are any good mods to make prior to the map. I was thinking of getting an induction kit and an exhaust similar to the ST.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to specific manufacturers / parts which will provide the biggest gains?

Many thanks.

Welcome to the Forum,
If you get a momment log on to photobucket and upload the picture's of your Motor when you get it,
you can then link them to this forum,
once uploaded go to Album,

below or above each picture on photobucket is an Image URL
copy this URL and paste it in to your posts
once pasted in the post remove the
.img from either side of the link then its job done,

also check out DMB Graphics for Ford Badge Overlays and vintage Decals Click Here

and see my guides listed below this post you may find some of Interest. you may like to fit the ST pod since your planning to upgrade the performance,
''code red'' manufacture uprated intercooler grills for the focus
http://www.european-...products_id=789

and induction kit
http://www.european-...products_id=790

Bastuck seem to be good for a duplex system too
part1
http://www.european-...products_id=476
part2
http://www.european-...products_id=479
part3
http://www.european-...products_id=431
Hope this helps mate Posted Image

#3 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,681 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
Contributor

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

Depends how much money you have to spend...

Remap, Air Filter, Free Flow Exhaust, Decat, DeDPF, Hybrid Turbo, Bigger Injectors, the list goes on...

If you really want to be quicker, don't forget brakes! and suspension

#4 FLORYFOCUS

FLORYFOCUS

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:25 AM

Thanks Lenny!!!

European Parts is exactly the type of company I have been looking for. I have speant endless amounts of time looking for someone who actually does performance parts for Diesel's.

Just a quick one, when you say "ST Pod" do you mean the guages on the dash?

Many thanks for all of your other advice too. I will be sure to add photos as soon as it arrives and more with my progress. My profile picture is of my actual car, taken from the sales advert.

Thanks again!

#5 FLORYFOCUS

FLORYFOCUS

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:30 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I have been told that without completely re-building / strengthening the engine, there is only so far you can go with the ford TDCI. I have been advised against replacing the turbo with a bigger lump. Is this true? If not, any ideas for a good hybrid?

Many thanks!

#6 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,446 posts
Contributor

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

Thanks Lenny!!!

European Parts is exactly the type of company I have been looking for. I have speant endless amounts of time looking for someone who actually does performance parts for Diesel's.

Just a quick one, when you say "ST Pod" do you mean the guages on the dash?

Many thanks for all of your other advice too. I will be sure to add photos as soon as it arrives and more with my progress. My profile picture is of my actual car, taken from the sales advert.

Thanks again!

Hi mate,
Glad I was able to help you find what you are looking for, Code Red also manufacture a remapping kit but it’s very expensive compared to bluefin or Dream Science.

And the ST pod is the gauges mate; I’m currently in the process of fitting it myself, See my guide:

http://www.fordowner...ge__pid__157895

I’ve fitted a 60psi boost gauge which is 4bar Pressure read out at the most and an oil pressure gauge too. I figured since your modifying your engine you may like to fit a boost gauge to monitor the performance of your engine,
The focus looks great in white too.

also see my guide on spraying the rear view mirror to match the body colour of the car.
http://www.fordowner...ge__pid__125448

#7 theo-5085

theo-5085

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: Theo
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2007

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hi all, i'm new to this so please be nice, haha! On a more serious note..Lenny (or anyone else who thinks they might be able to help me) ... i was perusing the forum and something that you have written has caught my eye and persuaded me to sign up. On giving advice to 'FLORYFOCUS' on what mods he could do etc to his tdci zetec s i noticed you mentioned the ST pods...hmm interesting...i have only just got round to working out (with the help of a skillful friend) how to wire them into my existing loom in my focus tdci...the hard wiring is complete however, only the oil pressure gauge works... i can't figure out what is needed to get the boost/turbo needle to work or the oil temperature..i was thinking if i can't get the oil temp to work, then i'll just splice a wire from the instrument cluster (the one that displays engine water temp) and use the left hand gauge for that instead..not ideal but better than no gauge at all! However my biggest thing is getting the boost to work? Any ideas? obviously if i've got the the oil pressure gauge to work (and wired it through the canbus) then the others have to be canbus fed too? Any help would be massively massively appreciated...and Lenny..the link for the guide you talked about is dead, or at least it is for me anyway..

Any help from you or anyone else who has managed this completely would be forever appreciated..

Thanks guys.

Theo

#8 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

^^ You may need to take a feed from your inlet manifold to get the boost gauge to work - a tube all the way from the manifold to the gauge (mechanical), or a sender on the manifold with wires to the gauge (electronic)

Again the oil temp gauge may need a sender fitted to the sump or a union off the oil pressure switch  

Lenny would know more about this than me

OP - the code red intercooler looks good but seems expensive at 356 euros- you could get a suitable intercooler for about £100 (100 euros?) on e-bay, you may have to make your own brackets and "jiggle" the boost hoses a bit

i like the induction kit though    

#9 STEADS

STEADS

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Name: NEIL
  • Ford Model: FOCUS 1.8 TDCI TITANIUM AND 2.0 TDCI
  • Year: 2009

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Believe me once you have it remapped you'll forget about the. Idea of a bigger turbo they go like stink off the proverbial shovel I,d be more inclined to consentrate on lowering an brakes

#10 theo-5085

theo-5085

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Foca..thanks for your reply. What are the chances of getting them both to run off the original gauges though? i don't want to have to put aux gauges on the apillar or anything like that..trying to keep in standard by using what's there..? I know the turbo pipes on the ST have solenoids on them..the TDCIs on't... :( have you done this (what you've suggested to me) yourself to your focus? 

#11 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,446 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hi all, i'm new to this so please be nice, haha! On a more serious note..Lenny (or anyone else who thinks they might be able to help me) ... i was perusing the forum and something that you have written has caught my eye and persuaded me to sign up. On giving advice to 'FLORYFOCUS' on what mods he could do etc to his tdci zetec s i noticed you mentioned the ST pods...hmm interesting...i have only just got round to working out (with the help of a skillful friend) how to wire them into my existing loom in my focus tdci...the hard wiring is complete however, only the oil pressure gauge works... i can't figure out what is needed to get the boost/turbo needle to work or the oil temperature..i was thinking if i can't get the oil temp to work, then i'll just splice a wire from the instrument cluster (the one that displays engine water temp) and use the left hand gauge for that instead..not ideal but better than no gauge at all! However my biggest thing is getting the boost to work? Any ideas? obviously if i've got the the oil pressure gauge to work (and wired it through the canbus) then the others have to be canbus fed too? Any help would be massively massively appreciated...and Lenny..the link for the guide you talked about is dead, or at least it is for me anyway..

Any help from you or anyone else who has managed this completely would be forever appreciated..

Thanks guys.

Theo

Hi and welcome to the forum,
You can see a link to my st pod guide in the list below my post.
I've fitted ford racing gauges in the pod analogue 4 bar boost gauge and oil pressure

IMG_20130405_090439_zpsf93e9847.jpg

Image1578.jpg

#12 theo-5085

theo-5085

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

Hi Lenny..thanks for the warm welcome! Ah, i see what you've done. However, i'm trying to fit the ST225 ones...i'm so close..but can't figure out how to get the turbo one running :s 

#13 theo-5085

theo-5085

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

and that's what  i meant..the link below your list for the guide doesn't work.. :( can you please try reposting the link? Thanks :)

#14 theo-5085

theo-5085

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

How do i include images in a post? :s i want to show you what i've done so far..? :D

#15 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,446 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

and that's what  i meant..the link below your list for the guide doesn't work.. :( can you please try reposting the link? Thanks :)

Here it is:
http://www.fordowner...ocus-tdci-dash/

I'm off to work now I'll catch up at midnight folks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users