Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Tdci Performance Mods

FLORYFOCUS

Oh and Gary..15 quid??! Bet you were laughing, that's an absolute steal pal! :D Looking forward to seeing your st kit on your car..bet you're super excited too? I sold my last set of seats a few weeks ago, but i'll keep my ear to the ground for you in anything come up mate :) i might be getting an order in in the next few weeks and there might be a gauge pod in there..never really know what i'm getting till i open up the box...i'll let you know :) i once found a dried up toad in one of my boxes...there was a ridiculous joke that someone made up to go with it but yeah..i was a bit surprised finding that fella up in there! And lenny..my mate and i used the loom of the nav to test, and then hardwired it in via the cars main loom...

Jeez mate, that is some serious work going into that, fair play to you! I read a complete thread over on the STOC forum about retro-fitting the Denso nav unit, so know just how laborious it is...full dash out job, so you obviously know what you're doing! I had contemplated doing it on my old Mondeo, but having read that thread I mentioned, never even thought about it on the Focus! I do love the Denso unit though.

That price was too good to say no to alright, bet that last journey was bitter-sweet.

In a weak attempt to get this thread back on topic... Are you gonna invest in performance mods on the TDCi, or maybe you already have? What is it stock? The 2.0 like mine is 136, but with a few mods like exhaust and intercooler followed by a good remap they can put out 180ish I think. Although it'd never be a 500, with loads of torque it could still put a smile on your face. I'd love to look into the performance side of things on mine, but I'll get the looks right first!

Car will be ready on Thursday apparently, but I'll be picking it 20miles into a 500 mile round trip and won't be back home til Saturday, so will be then at the earliest before I get any pics up. Will fit my RS spoiler when I do get back and put some pics up for opinions...still undecided on it myself but won't know til I see it all fitted.

Don't worry about the interior mate, just wishful thinking really. I've enough on my plate at the min expenses-wise and a new exhaust and wheel refurb are top of the mod shopping list to compliment the kit. If you did have one turn up it would only tempt me! Wouldn't mind getting a few boxes of surprises like that mate, haha. In fairness, I'm a serious bargain hunter, my own polite way of admitting I'm tight! I've found that with patience, most bits and pieces can be picked up on the cheap.

I'll probably put up in full detail my progress from start to 'finish' once I get my car back and get the pics uploaded. Think you should do the same mate, start your own build thread as people would be very interested in it.

One other question - your steering wheel. I notice you've the 4-spoke but might want to keep it with the cruise control buttons...but I'm thinking a man of your ability and Knorr-how might be able to come up with an OEM version of the ST 3-spoke wheel complete with cruise control...what you reckon?

Back breaking would be putting it lightly gary, but so so worth it. or maybe not? haha. we shall see. Yes yes, getting back on track, sorry pal. My biggest thing at the moment is getting this damn gauge to fully work..turbo issue is frustrating, but i got a couple of people on it so hopefully we'll come up with a solution! and yes the steering wheel..interesting..i'll see if i can come up with a solution...its the cruise control thats the big issue :s

Yes, i went for the 1.8 because its a ford engine, and doesn't have a damned DPF (which is my absolute hate) but your tax is probably cheaper to be fair :P ...heard so much about the others..have you had any problems with yours? performance wise, i've had a remap, custom exhaust, might have played with the turbo somewhat (wink wink) i've done a massive big disc conversion and took it onto the dyno few weeks back and it was running 169... one off st170 spec :( so not bad. It ices them though because of the torque :P

I'll keep you posted about the seats, also if you hear anything bout the gauges let me know ;) Ford Fair this year? or huntingdon?

Theo, i think you need to start your own thread - you've taken over from the OP!

i love what you have done to the car so far!

i only know of one car to have the gauges working but so far the person has eluded us from getting into contact - search it on youtube as there is a video.

so, what sort of stuff can you get hold of???

Hey Sal :) it's annoying me i can't think what i bought off you? any ideas? And thank you mate, the compliment means a lot to me. What's OP (sorry :s) did not realise someone else had managed the gauges? He's clearly a glory hunter, on a quest to keep it a secret!

What stuff you after? I once got a full set of RS interior seats and door cards within 48 hours of someone asking me if i could get them..think that's been my biggest achievement in terms of parts acquisition :P (was a bit of the lady luck on my side too mind you :P )

Foca..thanks for your reply. What are the chances of getting them both to run off the original gauges though? i don't want to have to put aux gauges on the apillar or anything like that..trying to keep in standard by using what's there..? I know the turbo pipes on the ST have solenoids on them..the TDCIs on't... :( have you done this (what you've suggested to me) yourself to your focus?

I run a Mondeo with some minor mods

The ST225 boost gauge (in the ST225 pod) is designed to work with the ST225, there is nowhere to hook it up on the TDCI because the TDCI (probably) does not have a boost gauge sender, you must add one (eg an ST225 one or one from an aftermarket gauge, phisically connected to the inlet manifold/ boost hoses) on top of that the TDCI probably runs at a higher boost pressure than the ST225 (you would need to check this) so it may need re-calibrating - this could probably be done with a potentiometer/ variable resistor

You could set up a second temporary boost gauge to help calibrate the ST225 one

Hey Sal :) it's annoying me i can't think what i bought off you? any ideas? And thank you mate, the compliment means a lot to me. What's OP (sorry :s) did not realise someone else had managed the gauges? He's clearly a glory hunter, on a quest to keep it a secret!

What stuff you after? I once got a full set of RS interior seats and door cards within 48 hours of someone asking me if i could get them..think that's been my biggest achievement in terms of parts acquisition :P (was a bit of the lady luck on my side too mind you :P )

Theo - if you have a 1.8 like then you can connect the the small pipe on the pipe coming from the intercooler going into the inlet manifold. there is a sensor nearby so not sure if you can hook into it to give you what you need,

i had a look and now i cant find what i sold you!

this is the youtube vid of the working gauges ;

he said he created a thread on here on how he made them work? - his name is daniel johnston

Ahh, i do Sal, yes. Thanks for that, i'll check the sensor tomorrow and see if i can hook it up! That video is good, and i love the gauges he's done but on youtube it says thats hes put different gauges in but hidden them? It would appear that his 'turbo/boost' gauge is more like an acceleration gauge, because the needle wouldn't be moving at 20mph! Turbo kicks in around 40 mph! so not sure what he's done there...? The oil temperature appears to be off too - think he's probably wired up the engine temp gauge instead? All in all though, still cool :P You seem to know your stuff :D any pics? And..huntingdon or ford fair this year? you going?

going ford fair - free tickets as i subscribed to fast ford mag!

search for my threads as i may have put a thread up about where to connect the hose for the boost gauge.

lenny, arthur, foca and a few others know there stuff, what i know i have picked up from them

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for not having been in touch..i'm having a denso navigation blowout weekend! i've decided i want my voice commands feature to work, so i need to replce one of the modules on the deso nav and i also need to swap over the chassis as some of my mounting clips are broken..i though i might as well swap over some of my black boring buttons to silver ones....i have two nav systems on the floor of my girlfriend's house at the moment..all in about 25 different pieces...ever got the feeling you've bitten off more than you can chew :s ??

ha ha mate i've been there too!

you say you have a modified turbo so please prety please give us more info on this as i thought it wasnt possible?

what map/bhp are you running Theo?

Hey Sal, sorry when i said i've played around with the turbo i meant ive changed the intercooler! but i had some power issues last week/ not really sure what so i have reverted back to the original one for the time being until i can get to the bottom of the problem. Also, thanks for the info about the t piece..but that would be a vacuum wouldnt it? and i'm after an electronic reading :( . my car showed up 169 bhp on the dyno...not sure what map but i can dig the papers out if you like? i didn't kno you had a denso system as well??

sorry mate but whats a denso system?

169bhp - thats impressive as most tuning maps only show upto 150bhp!

t-piece mate so deffo vacuum - will the sensors not be any good? AJT (Alan) on here is having a go at wiring the original boost gauge so fingers crossed he manages to do this....

Ahh, It would appear that his 'turbo/boost' gauge is more like an acceleration gauge, because the needle wouldn't be moving at 20mph! Turbo kicks in around 40 mph! so not sure what he's done there...? ?

Turbo should start boosting soon after the throttle is opened in 1st the boost build - up is gradual as the turbine spools up -on my car i get the gauge moving from (approx) 5mph and full boost at 10-15mph - it depends on the car/ engine/ setup/ gearing/ turbo-lag - if the boost does not come in till 40mph its going to be really slow off the line/ mark!

Does it do 60 in 1st?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club